This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Jodrell Bank Cyclos...

Notifications
Clear all

Jodrell Bank Cyclosportive, 12th March2011, 80miles, £25

25 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@woody)
Honorable Member

@Gareth wrote:

I tried my first couple of Sportives last year and really enjoyed them. I took the approach though of doing them far away from Cheshire to try out some new roads and to get to ride stuff that I dont each week. The Dragon ride in South Wales was good if a little too busy, but the Fred Whitton in the Lakes was so good that Derek and me are doing it again this year! If you enjoy hills (which I believe you do!) its one I definitely recommend and its really well organised too.

You might like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/100-Greatest-Cycling-Climbs-Cyclists/dp/0711231206 - I got it for Christmas, pretty cool little book. You can have a lend if you like.

ReplyQuote
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

Got it from Father Christmas myself ta!! Just working my way through it - well will do when the weather warms up!

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

Well, what a response! Thanks to all of you for your comments and feelings on this subject, much appreciated. I'm glad I asked the question and I'll certainly give the idea of doing a sportive a lot more thought. Thanks again.
Jed.

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Les, I would love to be an independent man and have my own picture and be able to post my own views on the forum but I know my place...Also whenever I try to register I get the message that there is already a registered person on our email address and the bloody thing refuses me access!!! So in the meantime I will continue my transvestite like approach and sneak into my wife's posts.

Kev

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Jed wrote:

Well, what a response! Thanks to all of you for your comments and feelings on this subject, much appreciated. I'm glad I asked the question and I'll certainly give the idea of doing a sportive a lot more thought. Thanks again.
Jed.

I think you should do one in the banana!!
😉

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Eleanor wrote:

Les, I would love to be an independent man and have my own picture and be able to post my own views on the forum but I know my place...Also whenever I try to register I get the message that there is already a registered person on our email address and the bloody thing refuses me access!!! So in the meantime I will continue my transvestite like approach and sneak into my wife's posts.

Kev

As long as it's jus the posts that you sneak into...
😉

Have u mastered your Garmin yet? Started training with 'Virtual partner'?

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Anyone doing this?

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

iPad or Edge 800?
iPad or Edge 800?
iPad or Edge 800?

I just don't know!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@kris wrote:

iPad or Edge 800?
iPad or Edge 800?
iPad or Edge 800?

I just don't know!

iPad is a bit big, and you'd look stupid on club runs.

Edge 800 is ace (even nicer than my 705). Program routes, courses and training, and a built in virtual partner so that you can race yourself! What more could you want?

..or you can play Angry Birds on a bigger screen than your iPhone...

😉

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

You're not helping!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: