This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

WVCC rider pictured...

Notifications
Clear all

WVCC rider pictured in Bike Events brochure

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Bike Events (who run Manchester to Blackpool / Manchester 100 plus numerous other sportives) produce an annual brochure of all the events for the year ahead. A Weaver Valley rider is pictured on the front cover and inside spreads twice!! So...who is it?

(@jules)
Honorable Member

Thought it was Kris at first glance. But not his bike

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Pretty sure it's Graham Veal - Terry's son. I think they did some of these events last year. Graham has a family now, so doesn't get out on his bike too much, but was a very handy road race rider, progressing up to first category - same as Elite now I think.

By the way Woody, how do you get a picture up on a posting? Sorry for being thick!

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Ha, Don,t look at Graham, What about Me, Me, Me. If you look at the picture of the Norwich 100 in the same issue of Bike Events,you will spot the real class act. (Yes it is Graham, I had a chat with him at the Nantwich lunch stop in the Manchester 100 ).

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Nice picture Les, I thought it was Cav at first but hands on the tops and elbows in? No, it couldn't be him. I bet you went for the Columbia team kit because it's yellow to match your bike.......and van........and....most of your other gear. See you Saturday!

ReplyQuote
(@dennis-hornby)

A bit more about Graham. Not only was he a 1st Cat, but he won the Liverpool Echo Star Trophy. This was a season long points competition in the Merseyside Division of BC(F). This in the days when Derek Hatton was the President of Liverpool, so all the bike racers were on the dole and full time training. Not Graham - he had a proper job. Liverpool Mercury and Kirkby CC was the toughest 'school' of riders in the UK, but Graham rode for us. Also, he could half wheel Kempy.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Nick,

Sorry just saw your reply. There is a button 15 button's along which if you click and follow instructions you can upload an image. Then you just copy and paste the image code into this box here.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Cheers Woody but it's still not working for me, I think my browser needs updating - in the past when I've updated it my pc has ground to a virtual halt. Anyway, I'll keep trying. I've just about come to terms with the bogblog, so having to learn it all again for the fourm!

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Are running Firefox as your internet browser? Much safer and quicker than Internet Explorer. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

That's the one that ground my pc to a standstill, but maybe I need to deleat internet explorer - off to watch prof Cox now

ReplyQuote
Share: