This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Bike Maintenance Wo...

Notifications
Clear all

Bike Maintenance Workshop

24 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

I agree with Jed if you do get stuck they are helpful and can show you how to do most things.

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

Thanks Titch.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

@WinsfordDave wrote:

what about running our own course - some of the wrinklies, myself included, have years of experience keeping their bikes sorted. I for one have always built all my bikes from scratch (pre off the peg complete bikes) and maintained them.
What about a few of us wrinklies, or anyone with similar skills, seeing what can be done - just need to know what people want and make sure we have people to cover Shimano/Campag etc. Can include emergency get you home tips and general advice on keeping your bike in good nick.
I would be happy to be involved with a few more - any offers?

I will be quite happy to put together a couple of sessions with Dave Wright, covering the basics and more complicated stuff, 7pm and the legion would be best, before the meet on a Monday, timing, well , lets get the holiday period over then plan to do them in Sept/Oct.. lets make them free to encourage attendance

We can also include some protocol and tips about group riding.

I think even if there are only a few interested folk we should do it, well publish a draft list of subjects / content by the AGM, you can all then influence the content based on your own desires, it would be a hands on demo, your not going to get confidence unless you get stuck in.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

I think you have nailed it Jim, well done. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Sounds good! Up for that!

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

Thanks for volunteering Jim, It's unlikely I'll be able to help as my hours have been increased to 5-6 days a week.

ReplyQuote
(@winsforddave)
Trusted Member

Sounds a good plan Jimmy - I've actually got a spare frame, some old wheels and fair bit of stuff to almost do a build from scratch if needed. Sept/Oct will be ideal and it gives time to put something together

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

If you need another frame I have like I said earlier one which wants building up I have all the parts etc. unfortunately I'll be unable to attend though.

ReplyQuote
(@simon-h)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sounds like this is going to come together well, thanks very much guys. I would like to look at things like brakes, gears, cables etc. We have some major expertise among us so it will be great to get the benefit of that.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: