This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Road run June 2nd

Notifications
Clear all

Road run June 2nd

15 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

A nice ride out to Wheelock today, for riders new and old - https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/newbies-ride-to-wheelock/
In the meantime Kev set off with 14 riders for a hilly ride to Blaze Farm, via the Brickworks climb, the Goyt valley and the climb up to Derbyshire Gate. With him were Jules, Titch, Carol (back from injury and riding very strongly according to Kev), John Keen, Chris B, Tony, Rob, Ewart and new rider Colin, with Craig, Johnathan G and Paul Simpson turning off some time before the cafe.

(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Good effort on the name check Els, who says you start loosing your memory when you get older 😉 😆

Looks like i missed a great day in the hills as i am resting today ahead of tomorrows charity bike ride from Manchester to Cardiff over 2 days. Anyone that would like to keep abreast of our progress can follow our live tracking via our Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/WatesCharityBikeRide

Also, if anyone would like to sponsor us (in aid of Barnado's) can do so here http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=wateswheelers&isTeam=true
We are currently about £50 short of £7,000 😀

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Great turn out to day everyone good to see all the new riders coping really well in both groups.45m on the clock when I got home, so not bad for the newbies I think that ride, Thanks to our members who encouraged the newbies (Jed) and give them a general insight into riding in a group Safely and with confidence from some of the feedback I'm sure they enjoyed themselves today 😐

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

there was a few more riders that fancied kev's ride today than the other week. it was fairly uneventful and I sent a picture to Kev for him to write a blog should he have the time. thanks for a good ride, may I also add carol was very strong throwing herself in at the deepend on what was a hilly and quite long ride. see you all on tuesday night 😈

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

A great ride today thanks everyone. I know i slowed you down going uphill but if my lousy back allows me to keep riding for a couple of weeks i'll be there or thereabouts (again).

Kev led us on a challenging route and it was great to be on the bike in the hills; there are few things finer.

See you all soon.

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

A good ride today and thanks for the mention Al. Ian Smith and Tim Rutherford also helped the new riders - I didn't do a great deal - safety issues and a little encouragement mainly. I was just pleased to be feeling up to a club ride today and it reminded me of the old days when I was a regular Sunday rider. Thanks again Alan.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@John K wrote:

A great ride today thanks everyone. I know i slowed you down going uphill but if my lousy back allows me to keep riding for a couple of weeks i'll be there or thereabouts (again).

Kev led us on a challenging route and it was great to be on the bike in the hills; there are few things finer.

See you all soon.

Great day in the saddle. John but you go downhill like a stone!!!

Not out next weekend. Will be flying the WVCC with the Edinburgh RC 😀

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

Wishing Jim a good ride.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

When I left home this morning I had no intention of attempting the long run. On arrival at the legion I was persuaded to do the long run and with promises that I'd be looked after off I went 😮

I had a great time and was so glad I went!! I love the long hilly rides and this didn't disappoint. Some good hard climbs, beautiful scenery and the usual good banter 😉

Kev led a great ride and I was well looked after.

Thanks to all the guys out with me today for your company and making my first long run back so much fun 😆

See you all soon 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

@Jules wrote:

Hi Jules, not sure if that's a compliment!

The first hill when i was behind you i just got to 50 and 52.4 down the dumbers. You see i might have got dropped going up but i do know how to catch up going down.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@John K wrote:

@Jules wrote:

Hi Jules, not sure if that's a compliment!

The first hill when i was behind you i just got to 50 and 52.4 down the dumbers. You see i might have got dropped going up but i do know how to catch up going down.

It was 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Carol R wrote:

When I left home this morning I had no intention of attempting the long run.

Yeah Right!! 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Jed wrote:

Wishing Jim a good ride.

Cheers Jed

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

@JimDuffy wrote:

@Carol R wrote:

When I left home this morning I had no intention of attempting the long run.

Yeah Right!! 😆 😆

😉 😉

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member

It sounds like I missed a good ride. :(. I had a Shifter Snap at the weekend so the bike's at my LBS and the Weather's gone lovely , bad timeing :evil:.

ReplyQuote
Share: