This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Long Run 26th May

Notifications
Clear all

Long Run 26th May

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@johnk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just a quick note; i hope someone else will do a full report. I had a brilliant time today thanks everyone. We had a really flat route, excellently planned by Jules. A flat route was something i needed after not being out or doing any training for the last couple of months. I survived pretty well all apart from about 20 miles or so before the cafe when i was bonking pretty bad (having forgotten to bring Eccles cakes) but was saved by a couple of gels from Rob. Hopefully i'll manage to get out again before too long. Thanks again, see you all soon.

(@jules)
Honorable Member

Thanks John please you enjoyed the route.

What a great day to be out on the bike. Around 12 of us left the club and headed over to Tarporley and then to Tattenhall. We headed south at Churton towards Malpas, the only real climb of the day was the long drag into Malpas it's self. Through the other side of Malpas and then east towards the cafe stop at Dagfields. We meet the short sun just leaving and a little friendly banter as we passed. Al mentioned there were no beans left 😯 Jim took him for his word and ordered something else instead 😆

After a quick break and putting the world to rights we headed north back home through Crewe, Warmingham and Middlewich. A healthy pace but we all stayed together nicely. 73 miles on the clock for me and as I turned off for home Jim was going to do a bit extra to get 100 in!!!!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the bank holiday.I'm off to get on it in Chester 😀

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/318238742

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Great ride today, and quite a good turn out, i finished with 100.11 miles as it seemed a shame to come straight home and finish on 90, so did an extra loop 😕
Jules was strong, doing some really long stints on the front he was just like Vasil Kiryienka, driving us all on, Well done Jules. Well done Jon & John as well.

PS. it was me who didnt order beans cos of Al. 🙄

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/318267864

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

PS. it was me who didnt order beans cos of Al. 🙄

Sorry Jim edited the report 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: