This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Ferry across the Me...

Notifications
Clear all

Ferry across the Mersey

20 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@terryv)
Topic starter  

Wednesday 3rd July - Wrinklies annual Ferry across the Mersey ride - Depart Sutton Weaver swing bridge traffic lights (on A56 east of Frodsham) at 09.00 prompt - 85 mile Northwichto Northwich with approx 40 on cycle tracks - refreshments available on ferry and cafe stop at Two Mills - steady pace and all welcome so book a days holiday, bunk off work (school !!) and join us.

(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

Already bunking Wednesdays 😀

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

I'll Be there 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

I'll be there all being well.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

@Derek .H wrote:

Already bunking Wednesdays 😀

I'm same a D, and will be there! 😉

ReplyQuote
(@paul-s)

Having missed all previous 'Ferrys' plan to make this one

Paul

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

having finished college, I will be able to make this. what's the format? do people drive to or do we ride out?

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@titch75 wrote:

having finished college, I will be able to make this. what's the format? do people drive to or do we ride out?

Most ride out mate. Meet at Sutton Weaver/Frodsham swing bridge

I'm not sure I'm going to make it though 🙁

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

don't have a clue where it is 😛

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
(@jack-c)
Eminent Member

Ill be there, nice week off next week

ReplyQuote
(@winsforddave)
Trusted Member

@titch75 wrote:

don't have a clue where it is 😛

Titch
exact spot is on this google link - route shown from cross roads at A49 / A533 cross roads, that road may be busy with works traffic at that time in the morning

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Northwich+Rd%2FA533&daddr=Chester+Rd%2FA56&hl=en&ll=53.289052,-2.589126&spn=0.01393,0.042272&sll=53.29753,-2.636032&sspn=0.007015,0.021136&geocode=FU4rLQMdjXPY_w%3BFQtfLQMd-tHW_w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=15

ReplyQuote
 phil
(@phil)
Trusted Member

would it not be a good idea for all the northwich lot to meet and ride there...
even meet at hatchmere and ride ❓

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Just as a note - bear in mind that it might be getting a bit busy around Sutton Weaver swing bridge from now on for a good while. They are starting to put up a temporary bridge this week, with a view to using it whilst they re-furbish the swing bridge. This is supposed to be in place till September 2014.
See picture below of the road plan, that will ultimately come into force (although not by next Wednesday I wouldn't have thought).
Article about it here: http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-news/local-chester-news/2013/06/13/long-awaited-work-on-frodsham-swing-bridge-to-begin-later-this-month-59067-33467717/
[attachment=0:iv1gkdhh]DS05098-SK011 P1 - A4 Traffic Management Plan.jpg[/attachment:iv1gkdhh]

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Sounds like a great ride, unfortunately, as in the lyrics of a song by the Jam (i am sure Jules will get it), "work comes first, i am sure you will understand" 😥

Have a good one, hope the weather is fine.
PS, the new bridge wont be in place by next Wednesday, they are still digging out for the foundations

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: