This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Promoting Our Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Promoting Our Forum

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Of the 100 or so WVCC members, I would guess that about 50 are active and interested (to varying degrees).
I look for the latest posts every day and I must say that the number of people making posts is small. The purpose of this message is to express my desire to improve the situation and make the forum (and the WVCC website) a far more useful and enjoyable experience for a much greater proportion of members. So, for those of you who read this, here are my questions:
1. Do you share my desire to improve things?
2. If so, what imnprovements do you feel are necessary?
3. What measures could be taken to spread the word and encourage more members to use the forum?

I think it's a catch 22 situation - more members posting interesting/useful content would encourage more members to get involved etc.

There are many things we could do to make the forum a real success so let's hear your ideas. With a little effort from more of us, this could be well worth while. For example, what about the following:

Member profiles - Tips and advice on cycling and bike maintenance - Cycling stories etc.

There are quite a number of incredibly knowledgeable and talented individuals in our club who may well be prepared to pass on some of their wisdom if they knew it was going to be appreciated.

Jed

(@jules)
Honorable Member

We talked about this at the last committee meeting. We are looking at changing the website and forum. Watch this space Jed!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member

Would it be possible to publish on the forums some minutes of the committee meetings, I would love to attend but have work and family commitments during the week. This way both myself and others in a similar situation could see what is being discussed, have input and be more involved in the club.

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

A valid point Craig. I think things are about to improve so as Jules said 'let's watch this space'.
Jed.

ReplyQuote
Share: