This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Dave's Funeral

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Dave's funeral service went well. The church was 'packed to the rafters' and many WVCC members attended. Dave's children, Mark and Jenny were very brave and each spoke about their dad. Jenny's contribution was a beautifully composed piece of prose which encapsulated the spirit and positive values of her father - quite touching. Mark regaled us all with some wonderful stories about his dad and although clearly very upset, he kept everything together. Both did their dad proud. I had a lot of respect for Dave and always valued his advice. I think the values that I admired most in Dave were his passion for cycling and his generosity of spirit. He was also gracious and interested in others - rare qualities and Dave had them all in abundance.
Jed.

(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Thanks for this Jed, I wasn't able to go, sadly, so it's nice to read about it. I still can't believe Dave's not around. We struggled up the hill out of Sutton Lane Ends past the Hanging Gate pub today - I was with the backmarkers - he would have been there with us, with a few wry jokes - and he would have loved the whole day.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

I know what you mean El, I was half expecting to see him roll up to the cafe in his typical late way 😥

ReplyQuote
(@jackmac)

All should read the tribute to Dave in the local Guardian written by Alan Kemp, it is honest, true and touching,
and I'm sure we all endorse every word.
Thank you Alan

ReplyQuote
Share: