This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

New Web Site - Spre...

Notifications
Clear all

New Web Site - Spreading the word.

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks to Ady, we now have a new web site. How interesting and useful it will become is down to us. I would like to start a topic which concerns the future of this web site and its content. My question is; What elements do you feel would encourage more members to use the web site? We have some exceedingly talented and experienced members in our club, some of whom I'm sure would be willing to pass on some gems of wisdom if they knew it would be of value - it's up to us to ask. Profiles of club members, advice on bike maintenance, tips on riding techniques, stories of epic rides, cycling safety etc - there's so much we could offer. For those web site regulars, may I suggest that you encourage other members to have a look at the new web site, sign up to the forum and make it known what content would be of interest. A request to the WVCC committee, would you please consider publishing relevant minutes of your meetings. There is a section in the current forum for this and it has never been used.

(@ady)
Member Admin

@Jed wrote:

A request to the WVCC committee, would you please consider publishing relevant minutes of your meetings. There is a section in the current forum for this and it has never been used.

I'm currently working on the transfer of the forum to the site (I've already built a new forum, ready for the transfer). At this point, I'll also have a 'members' area where it may be appropriate to post minutes etc and other 'members only' stuff.

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Correct me if I've misread the tone of your reply Ady but I can assure you my post was not a 'dig' at you. On the contrary, I applaud your efforts so far. Can you (and other members) please comment on the main body of my post (and not the 'afterthought' at the end of it. If I'm wasting my time, I'd like to know.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Hi Jed,
Didn't take it as a dig at all! Worry not!

With respect to my post, it's an affirmation that we're thinking along the same lines. 🙂

Keep the comments and ideas coming. The more feedback, the better!

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Hi Guys,

I met you guys through the forum and think it is fab, and just to say a big thank you to all of you for your help and getting me round my longest ride to date and using my cleats, which is almost now, what cleats!! Your advice really did help me as someone who as only been cycling 6 months. I think we almost need a help and tips section and maybe a welcome new members section. Thinking out loud guys, hope this is of help.

See the wrinklies tomorrow

Les

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Les, I like the idea of a 'New Member' section. There's plenty of scope for this. I'm glad you've got used to the cleats.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Thanks Jed

Will not forget you looking after me for my first 10 miles, which turned into a 60 miler with the club and my first run out and a massive THANK YOU and I am now addicted to this fab club and such friendly people. My thinking is when I first wanted to post something on the forum I did not know where to post it so yes Poss new members post would be good. 😀

Les

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Les, I'm impressed by your enthusiasm and from what I've seen so far, I have a feeling you're going to do well. Just be sure to ask for help when you need it and watch how the quick ones ride.

ReplyQuote
Share: