This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Llanberis Training

Notifications
Clear all

Llanberis Training

25 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

text me with the destination got an appt which means I wont be at the start but if I'm away in time I'll join you all later.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

No worries Jim got your E-Mail hope to see you Wednesday 😀 Ill text you as we are leaving

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Starting to fall in love with this hill 😆 Made it to the top second time lucky without stomach bug 😆 😆 now can I do it with 50 miles in my legs haha HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

well done Les, [still think effort is a better excuse . . .eh reason for the last attempt instead of a bug!] however.. is that a TREK Madone SANS mudguards ? ? ? ? tsk tsk.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Haha Mr Williams it is a 5.2 Madone had to take her for a spin and I didn't need mudguards as I was riding alone haha it's a very hard hill 🙂 I might need a lift up it after 50 miles 😀 or you can tow me

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well I am bailing out of Llanberis but will be happy to support as a driver and concentrate on doing it next year as one of my goals 🙂 I will not get the training miles in this time round. Will bring my bike down and do a nice thirty miler when you guys are all safely at the hotel 😀

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@les1 wrote:

Well I am bailing out of Llanberis but will be happy to support as a driver and concentrate on doing it next year as one of my goals 🙂 I will not get the training miles in this time round. Will bring my bike down and do a nice thirty miler when you guys are all safely at the hotel 😀

Well, I'm very disappointed... 🙁

😉

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Do 50/50 Les then get in the van. Cycle to Ruthin on the way and from Ruthin on the way home.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Mr Japp us hobbits with hairy feet cannot ride that far without lots and lots of training 😀 and thanks Jules but I am more than happy to support drive this time and make it my goal for next year to ride it all 🙂 🙂

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

I Don't know how many of you know but I am training to do Triathlons this year! I have had a really good training weekend but, I will not get enough miles in to do Llanberis 🙁 this year and I don't want to half attempt it, for you guys that know me I hate failing, I will still come along but make my own way there, planning a swim, bike and run 😉 looking forward to seeing you all next weekend for a get together.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: