This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Llanberis Training

Notifications
Clear all

Llanberis Training

25 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well I had a wobble today about doing this, Can I actually do it! I guess we will all find out in February. Training starts Sunday lets bring it on 😆 One month head down and lots of miles 😮 including those nasty nasty hills 😆

Have a fab New Year everyone and see the Wrinklies Wednesday

(@ady)
Member Admin

@les1 wrote:

Well I had a wobble today about doing this, Can I actually do it! I guess we will all find out in February.

The answer is: yes. You'll find a good and steady group (grupetto!), all of whom, will be riding together, with the usual encouragement and banter. After the feed at Ruthin, you'll be eager to attack the hills and enjoy the ride to the hotel!

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 Ady me eager to attack the hills, I am really really looking forward to the banter and the laughs but I bet the last laugh is on me 😆

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Worst comes to the worst you can always jump in one of the sag wagons.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Where oh where we're all the hard men today?
James Risk and I were the only 2 brave souls to brave the weather ( actually it wasn't that bad, the rain eased and it was unseasonably warm)
We set off thru Hartford, by Eaton it was obvious to me that James was a good deal quicker than me ( well it's not hard)
So I let him go, I went thru Wettenhall, passed our house at 20 mile, then did a further 40 miles to make 60 in all.
Thanks James, you look well and are really fit good luck for the Nationals.

So to ask again, where were you? ( excuses on a postcard....illness only accepted with a Dr's note!)

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Haha

I was out today I did 30 miles and Kris I will only get a lift if my stabilisers fall off or my front wheel LOL 😆 Hard man Jim are you out Wednesday

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@les1 wrote:

Haha

I was out today I did 30 miles and Kris I will only get a lift if my stabilisers fall off or my front wheel LOL 😆 Hard man Jim are you out Wednesday

Nothing wrong with getting a lift. It's a bloody tough two days 🙁

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Can I get a lift up all the hills and ride down them haha 😆 Yep tough challenge but I will do my best 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

You need to start from the bottom of Denbigh High St to get the full affect then 😯

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Oh dear I guess I do 😆 Cannot wait for tomorrow for that fabulous climb 😯

ReplyQuote
 phil
(@phil)
Trusted Member

have some good photos of lesley being sick half way up the sportsman,,,, 😆 keep training 😆

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Les
you've made the fatal error of riding it before the day! big big mistake.. 🙄 . 😆 . 🙄 ...

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Holy moly and rubber ducks What a hill that is, Why did they build a high street on a hill, what a silly idea. Phil how many photos did you take? Everytime I go on facebook there are pictutes of me being sick and its not best look haha. I believe that today was my worse ever day on the bike, now I need to make my miles up when this bug goes 😥 I hope I have not passed it onto you Phil.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

oh so it was a bug and not effort 😆

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

😆 😆 Very funny Mr Williams, I can only blame it on effort if I was doing any 😳 but every 5 minutes I had to stop to be sick. I think I must have stopped at least 10 times. LOL hoping to be better for Wednesday.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: