This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Greetings from WVCC...

Notifications
Clear all

Greetings from WVCC Australia

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Emailed from Max down under:

Hey G'day Pommies!

Hello one and all at Weaver Valley, how you all doing? Good I hope.

I believe the weather has been a bit rough, but I'm sure you'll tough it out.
Much the same here, ha ha.... it was a bit cooler today, 27 degrees, Phew!

I've met up with a local group of riders and proudly flying the Weaver Valley colours when out with them.
Met them through local bike shop-needed a few bits and pieces, as you do.....
Got talking:
Max: "Who meets up, and what time"
Bloke in shop:"be here 5am"
Max thinks: Gulp, isn't that the middle of the night!
Max: "Oh, okay errrr see you then"
Bloke in shop: Shouts after Max "But we don't ride in the rain!"
Max: (muttering under breath) don't ride in the rain, what sort of blokes are ya??
(since learnt why they don't, it's like being in a car-wash)

Following Saturday, 5am!!
Meet up at bike shop, people and bikes everywhere, groups of riders going this way and that way, quite a sight.
Whole bunches of em going past, all in brand new Orica Greenedge kit, and me in Blue and Yellow.
Good bunch, usual banter, just different faces, not as pretty as you lot though.
Good ride, about 40 mile, they don't stop for beans on toast, they have a milkshake or coffee at the end-still getting me head around that one, ha ha...
Getting home about 8ish, temperature up to 28, humidity in 70's by then, stood in cold shower, knackered!

Had another good ride today, up and around Clear Mountain, which is North West of Brisbane.
Small group, quick group, mountain goats, bit lumpy. Well worth it for the views over the lakes and to the Glass House Mountains.
Then back to the Cafe for me banana milkshake.

So, as you can see my computer skills have improved!
Presently working on my photography skills to attach possible photos of yours truly.

Well it's that time of year again folks, so wish you all at Weaver Valley a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
Stay safe and upright.

Thoughts will be with you on Sunday's ride, I'll do my own ride here in tribute to Dave.

All the best,
Max
Brisbane Branch, Weaver Valley CC

(@jules)
Honorable Member

Nice one Max. Have a great Christmas mate!! He probably won't see this post 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Great email Max, miss you glad all is well! Although I don't think putting 5am starts on here is a good idea, Kris Zentek will be getting ideas!

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Its great to hear from Max, although i didn't know him for long, that email actually brought a little tear to my eye :oops:. One thing i have noticed though his written word is very much the same as his spoken word, "Then back to the Cafe for me banana milkshake"

Looking forward to the Photos.

PS 5am starts are fine for me 😆

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member

Way to go cobber.
If you are having problems with the start time think of it as an evening ride - 5am to you is 7pm for us 😆

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

Max, I'm glad you've settled in well. Your new cycling chums are lucky to have such a splendid import from the UK. I'd like to hear more about your new life.
Jed.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Nice one Max, we're red here but it's just rust! Looking forward to our summer, it will just be wet, but not cold
Glad you enjoying it.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'll bundle all of these replies up into an email and post them back whilst Max takes his first Internet steps!!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Up Max, Great to hear your out on the bike mate, 5am starts if we started club runs at that time we'd be at the Ice cream farm for 6:30 bread for the beens on toast not baked by then.
All the best mate look after yourself
Al.

ReplyQuote
(@dennis-hornby)

Hi Max,
We do have another Brisbane member - one of our founders - Eric Leese - he was at our 50th Annual Dinner. Try 07580529031 or eric.leese@gmail.com
Dennis

ReplyQuote
(@dennis-hornby)

Ady, could you pass this on please

ReplyQuote
(@tonyb)
Eminent Member

Hi Max good to hear from you and glad to see your settling in ok.
Keep them WVCC colours flying mate.

All the best for new year and look after yourself.
Tony

Ps. When we getting the photos mate of you crossing the line in first position

ReplyQuote
Share: