This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Llanberis 2011

18 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@winsforddave)
Trusted Member

sounds like everyone had a great weekend.
thoughts on height errors:
as Kris said the points the gps takes lead to an almost joining the dots method; however if 1 route is through wooded areas and the unit drops points it may make it worse. Will also depend on the accuracy of any data held for positional height when the routes differ.

The other possibility is some gps units use a barometric sensor that will vary slightly due to atmospheric conditions on a daily basis. These may also need setting for height above sea level at the start of a ride other than from home base - what is the difference in height between Mid-Cheshire and Llanberis?

On a lighter note he may just be on cloud 9 after such a great weekend!!

Dave W

ReplyQuote
(@andyh)
Trusted Member

Congratulations everyone - the photos look like everyone was enjoying themselves despite the weather. Pencil me in for 2012!

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

The legs have just about recovered now (Wednesday) and I have forgotten the bad bits (headwind and rain I think.........no don't remember that), so I'm hoping it will have done my fitness some good and I'm looking forward to next year. Thanks for all the organising and support Graham, Ann, Dave and Steve. By the way, Steve seems to be back on form, arriving at Moss farm having ridden back from Ruthin with Gordon Leicester. Maybe he'll dust off his TT bike!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: