This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Jules Update

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mossy)
Topic starter  

Firstly, can I say a massive thank you to everyone on the long ride yesterday that looked after Jules. He was cared for by a great bunch of friends and people. And thank you to those on the short ride who made sure I got back OK - Whitegate Hill suddenly became flatter than normal!
Jules was Xray'd, scanned, prodded, poked and stitched by some great staff in the hospital and they were amazed by his pain threshold. Qudos - he got some stitches without anaethetic 😯
He's been dozing most of today and has a headache (as expected). His wounds and grazes are slowly drying and healing but his eye is bruised and swollen, so unfortunately it does look like he's had a rough night out in Northwich instead. Or Mike Tyson won. Apparently he's not bothered by scars affecting his good looks - his words not mine 😕
Thanks again, Elaine x

(@tonyb)
Eminent Member

That's great news Elaine funny you should mention Mike Tyson as myself three others and the surgeon
Had to hold jules from getting up once he'd come out of his unconscious state! "Boy did he look drunk" and all he wanted to do was get up in the middle of the road and I thought we're not going to have to knock him out again are we?

But to be honest once the ambulance guys got there and jules said "I've had worst in rugby" I new he was going to be ok!

Hoping for a quick return mate
Tony

Ps hope Mr silver is recovering too!

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Sorry to hear about this - hope you are up and riding again soon Jules. Better dust off that mountain bike for Saturday, the mud in the forest is good for a nice soft landing!

ReplyQuote
Share: