This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Helmet ID Tags

25 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I came across these during Site works...

http://www.industrialworkwear.com/cat/personal-protective-equipment/safety-helmets/product/hard-hat-id

I think these are a great idea for anyone who rides a bike to stick on the helmet ? 🙂 I guess it could even go on the seatpost or elsewhere..

(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

i agree, given what happened to jules last weekend, if he was on his own it could have been a different story if he had no ID.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

another instant fix for iPhone users, search 'emergency standard card' in iTunes, this is an app that will create all the required info and than saves as a picture for your lock screen.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

I wear an ID band on my wrist when I'm out on my bike!! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@Carol R wrote:

Yeah, but that's just so that you don't forget who you are...

😉

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Yeah I wear an Id band

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

@AdyJapp wrote:

@Carol R wrote:

Yeah, but that's just so that you don't forget who you are...

😉

It's old age Ady!!! My memory is not what it was 😮

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

I always carry my BC licence on me, which has my name address DOB and Leah's emergency contact details. It's tucked into the back of my phone. I used to have an I'd band, but it chaffed like hell on long rides.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@kris wrote:

I always carry my BC licence on me, which has my name address DOB and Leah's emergency contact details. It's tucked into the back of my phone. I used to have an I'd band, but it chaffed like hell on long rides.

Serves u right. Should've worn it around your wrist then instead of round your thigh. 😉

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

Funnily enough when I was lying at the side of the road last Thursday I was thinking the same thing. I used to keep something in my pocket but don't any more. I shall start again.

Last Thursday afternoon I went down a pothole and went over the bars. I banged my head hard so my helmet definitely saved me. I broke my right collar bone. I was operated on yesterday; had a plate inserted. Will be off the bike at least 6 weeks.
Keep safe!

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@John K wrote:

Funnily enough when I was lying at the side of the road last Thursday I was thinking the same thing. I used to keep something in my pocket but don't any more. I shall start again.

Last Thursday afternoon I went down a pothole and went over the bars. I banged my head hard so my helmet definitely saved me. I broke my right collar bone. I was operated on yesterday; had a plate inserted. Will be off the bike at least 6 weeks.
Keep safe!

You will do anything to avoid coming out regular John 🙂

Hope you recover soon

ReplyQuote
(@alank)
Trusted Member

Very sorry to hear about your injury John and wish you a speedy recovery .

This issue of carrying identity on you at all times when out on the bike was also highlighted many years ago by the late Dave Ball , a club member and like Steph (K) who ran Ist Aid courses for club members , after a series of cycling mishaps to club members . No internet back then but the importance of that was highlighted in printed club news letters .
As well as identity and contact info in a pocket on your person , another recognised way and as well as , is to put your emergency contact number for the person you should call if you have a mishap , into your mobile phone contacts list under the heading ICE . ( in case (of) emergency ).
Alan

Ps I know many people know that but it is intended for those that do not !

ReplyQuote
(@rich-m)
Eminent Member

@John K wrote:

Keep safe!

Sorry to hear about that John. Hope you recover quickly and are able to get back on the bike soon.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Wise advice from Kempy. Just done that.

Sorry to hear about your accident Keeno, heal soon! More reason to wear a helmet!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@John K wrote:

Keep safe!

We've got loads of contestants for Wobbly Wheelers this year!
Unlucky that mate. Hope you recover quickly, and have reported that pot hole!! Hope the bike is okay too. If you need anyone to ride it while you are off the road, let me know. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: