This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Helmet ID Tags

25 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@shelagh)
Eminent Member

Just a thought on ICE contact on your mobile......if you lock your phone, the ICE info is rendered useless.

There are apps that display ICE info on a locked screen.

Stay safe 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Shelagh wrote:

Just a thought on ICE contact on your mobile......if you lock your phone, the ICE info is rendered useless.

There are apps that display ICE info on a locked screen.

Stay safe 🙂

We seem to have gone full circle 😕

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

All the best John, sure you'll be fit and well, and hammering the turbo trainer (1 handed 😕 ) before you know it !!

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

We've got loads of contestants for Wobbly Wheelers this year!
Unlucky that mate. Hope you recover quickly, and have reported that pot hole!! Hope the bike is okay too. If you need anyone to ride it while you are off the road, let me know. 🙂

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. So far as the Wobbly Wheelers award is concerned i'd like to point out that as well as a plate and 10 screws in my right collar bone i received cuts to both legs (right knee very bad), both hips, my back, chest and both hips. Also bruising all over. The only areas that escaped were my left arm and my head. I think this makes me a strong contender. I'd also like to point out i'm rapidly becoming dependent on prescription pain killers (joke - or is it!).

Ady, regarding the bike, sadly a large amount of money will have to be spent on it to return it to it's former glory.

It really is a good demonstration on why you should always wear a helmet. I was alone on a quiet country lane on the flat and riding fairly steadily and yet i had the worst accident of my life. I hit the back of my head really hard and I'm sure that if it hadn't been for my helmet i'd be really very poorly or very dead now.

See you all soon.

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Sorry you've had an off mate, like I said to Jules on FB, a helmet is the best bit of cycling kit you'll ever buy.
There are only 2 types of cyclist. Those that have fallen off, and those that haven't YET!

On a separate matter, will you be fit enough to defend your downhill trophy is it going to be the big comeback or do so of us fatties stand a chance 😉

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

I will definitely be back well before the downhill Jim. That trophy is mine!!!!! (evil laugh..)

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

@John K wrote:

I will definitely be back well before the downhill Jim. That trophy is mine!!!!! (evil laugh..)

Glad it's not a) put you off or b) knocked your sense of humour!! Take it easy mate, and get well really soon! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@tonyb)
Eminent Member

Sorry to here you came off your bike John, hope you get better soon!

Just to add my 2p worth to the ID. Conversation I have an iPhone and have all emergency info saved to lock screen just like Jim Duffy mentioned but this was done without using any kind of app. So that's two different ways to save ID info on iPhone if you have one.

if you want any advice in respect of not using app to save ID info ill gladly oblige.
And am sure jim will oblige in respect to app.

Cheers tony

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

@John K wrote:

The only areas that escaped were my left arm and my head.

At least your sex life wont be affected!

Sorry to hear about your tumble John, get well soon and I'll see you on the training runs in the winter!

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Blimey John, sorry to hear your news...best wishes to you for a speedy recovery from Kev and me. And you were getting so fit again!!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: