This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Frame respray / alt...

Notifications
Clear all

Frame respray / alterations

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-g)
Topic starter  

Evenin all,

Can anybody recommend a local frame re-sprayer / alteration outfit?

I've got a circa 1985, Reynolds 653 frame I'd like to re-build with some of the old kit I've accumulated over the years.

All suggestions appreciated.

Cheers, Chris

Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

I've heard of a company in Bury called Atlantic Boulevard that will do what you want. I've had no personal experience of the company however.

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

Chris, please forgive me if you've not read my reply to your post yet but if you have read it, why haven't you acknowledged it? It would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-g)
Topic starter  

Hi Jed,

Apologies for not acknowledging your suggestion... I sent them an enquiry and I was intending to post with their response.

I’ll post it, when / if I get a reply!

Thanks, Chris

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

Thanks Chris. Hope it goes well.
Jed.

ReplyQuote
(@vince-brady)

Hello Chris

I had a frame repair on my winter bike earlier this year at Atlantic Boulevard. Neil, the proprietor, was very helpful and carried out a satisfactory job, at a reasonable cost. If I can be of any help, please give me a telephone call 07950027958, the premises are only about 4 miles from my home address. Kind regards.

ReplyQuote
(@martin-w)

You might wish to try C & G finishers in Liverpool. They have been established many years and do the re-enamelling/spraying for most of the area bike shops. If you wish to contact them they are at

C & G Finishes
274B Smithdown Road
Liverpool
L15 5AH

0151-734-3088

ReplyQuote
(@chris-g)
Topic starter  

Cheers Martin & Vince,

I'll give C&G a call.

Atlantic Boulevard price:

We can repaint your Cougar frame and fork in any single colour with Cougar and Reynolds transfers for £260-00.
This price would also cover the cost of removing the seat pin and headset.

Our two way courier service is £45-00, turn round time 3 - 4 weeks.

ReplyQuote
(@vince-brady)

Hello Chris

I travel to Cheshire on a regular basis from home and if you chose Atlantic Boulevard, I would be more than happy to act as courier for your frame, at zero cost to yourself. I have a large area in my car that would accommodate and safely transport your frame to and from the said destination. Kind regards. Vince

ReplyQuote
(@alank)
Trusted Member

£260 for a lick of paint and transfers ? You could have a week half board at the Pollensa Park in Puerto Pollensa , Majorca for about £20 more ! ( Some of us are going in March 2014 !)

Or for about just double the cost of respray etc you could get a brand new alloy race frame . ( including paint )

Personally I would find somewhere cheaper or strip the frame down, hook it onto your clothes line and respray it yourself with a can in the colours of your choice ! If you want hoops on the down tube then use insulation tape for masking . In previous times a paint brush would have been used .

I never had the same paint job for more than a few weeks during my earlier cash strapped youth .

Hope this information has been of some help .Do not hesitate to contact me for more info .

Alan

ReplyQuote
Share: