This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Club Runs Sunday 4t...

Notifications
Clear all

Club Runs Sunday 4th Novenmber

44 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Craig wrote:

The middle run did a long loop to the Candle Factory, then back via Chapel Lane. Riders list is a long one, Steve & me. Thought the windtex needed an outing, but the day proved warmer than I thought and I cooked. Going to put it on standby for those sub 5 degree days

Can you email the rider list to Al...?

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Jules wrote:

Think El or Kev may write a blog. All i can say is 61 miles and diverted by a murder scene!!!!

Is this another in the series of short stories - 'Never go on a club run with Kev and El'?

We did wonder why you didn't turn up at the Mills..! 🙄

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@AdyJapp wrote:

@Jules wrote:

Think El or Kev may write a blog. All i can say is 61 miles and diverted by a murder scene!!!!

Is this another in the series of short stories - 'Never go on a club run with Kev and El'?

We did wonder why you didn't turn up at the Mills..! 🙄

Never a boring ride with the Underhill's. But lots of laughs 😆

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/240117759

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Blog on
https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/the-thin-blue-line/
Thanks everyone for your company, a memorable ride!

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Fab blog Eleanor, really made me chuckle!!! Never a dull moment eh!!! 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

Good blog El, another enjoyable read and have to agree a memorable ride 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Great blog El as always 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Eleanor wrote:

Blog on
https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/the-thin-blue-line/
Thanks everyone for your company, a memorable ride!

All that without Chris Buckley, maybe its Kev who is the jinx!!! 😆

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Great blog El, sounded a lot more eventful than our ride, which is a nice change given my reputation for leading runs.

We took the usual route out to Sutton, and at Langley I decided it would be a good change of pace to take on the Standing Stones climb. Much swearing ensued.

At the top, we headed left to the Stanley Arms and took on the Ankers Road drag to Peak View. Much swearing ensued.

At the top, we swung past the Cat & Fiddle, and as we started to descend, Carol (I think - I was long gone) got a puncture. I imagine much swearing ensued.

Eventually we got to the A54 and enjoyed the fruits of our labour as we descended fast (and I mean fast - with a tail wind!) down to Blaze farm.

Beans, toast, scones, more scones (including hot scones), tea and coffee on board, we headed off, taking on the Allgreave climb to the Wild Boar, and took a right to drop back into civilization past the Hanging Gate and followed the breadcrumb trail back home.

A fast but steady pace all day, and a strong group of riders including Carol, Tim, Tony, Chris (avec hangover), Alan and myself. Great day in the saddle, 72 miles in the legs and a fair bit of climbing on what threatened to be a nasty but what turned out to be a marvellous day.

Ride details can be found here...
http://www.brytonsport.com/mapTrackView/2?id=1649929

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@kris wrote:

Great day in the saddle, 72 miles in the legs and a fair bit of climbing on what threatened to be a nasty but what turned out to be a marvellous day.9

Not bad considering the dodgy knee Saturday 😆

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

It was a great day!!! Challenging climbs, excellent company and some fab banter in the cafe!!! In fact we were all gassing away so much we lost track of time 😉
We also had a dog poo issue!! Alan managed to completely clog up his cleats when he trod in some whilst having a quick loo break (I think'!!) . He then spent a fair while trying to dig it all out! Yuck 😮
Thanks Alan and Chris B for sorting out my puncture!!! 🙄
Thanks Kris for leading!!!! 🙂
Jim you missed a great ride!! Hope you're still not running scared next week 😆

See you all soon 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Carol R wrote:

Yes, will still be running scared next week, all the way to grassington for Mrs Duffy's birthday weekend away 😀

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Sounds like 3 great runs on Sunday, sorry I wasn't there sounds like a right good group out 🙁 hopefully be out next weekend. Took advantage of the good weather and a day off today instead 😀

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

@JimDuffy wrote:

@Carol R wrote:

Yes, will still be running scared next week, all the way to grassington for Mrs Duffy's birthday weekend away 😀

Haha!!! Have a great time!!! 😀

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: