This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Club Runs Sunday 4t...

Notifications
Clear all

Club Runs Sunday 4th Novenmber

44 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@jack-c)
Eminent Member

Eccleshall was a good ride on the route Kriss took us last time!

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Carol R wrote:

Ady do you really think the guys are going to listen to me!!! 😆

Listen????, we dont normally have any choice!, its the female sense of direction that would bother me 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Jules wrote:

I'm sure we can come up with something. But it wont be Prak View. It's a rubbish cafe for cyclists.

how about blaze farm where Kris lined up for last week, it was pretty good in there last time.

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Agree with the Peakview issues - never like going there. Blaze is a much better choice, and only down the road a bit. Happy to take us there, can either go direct or do the route I planned, depending on the weather.

What about the Candle Factory if it's a bit crappy? Great waitresses - er - I mean - food there...

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@JimDuffy wrote:

@Carol R wrote:

Ady do you really think the guys are going to listen to me!!! 😆

Listen????, we dont normally have any choice!, its the female sense of direction that would bother me 😆

Ooooh!!! Dangerous ground there Jim. ;

🙂

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Haha there's nothing wrong with my sense of direction Jim!!! I'm great at following a sat nav 😉 . Blaze farm sounds good to me even though I do like Peak View it does tend to get very busy!!! Kris sounds like a plan don't think the forecast is too bad!! 🙄 John will be good to see you out on Sunday might get chance for a proper catch up!! 🙂
Ady, Jim is definitely on dangerous ground there he'd better watch out on Sunday!! 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@Carol R wrote:

Ady, Jim is definitely on dangerous ground there he'd better watch out on Sunday!! 😆

Hey Carol, i can be brave from a far 😀

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

Ady, which way are you taking the short run? by the river or direct or maybe i can suggest the cycle way? the weather should warn off any fair weather walkers/cyclists/familys leaving very few people mad enough to go out.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

@JimDuffy wrote:

@Carol R wrote:

Hey Carol, i can be brave from a far 😀

😆

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@titch75 wrote:

Ady, which way are you taking the short run? by the river or direct or maybe i can suggest the cycle way? the weather should warn off any fair weather walkers/cyclists/familys leaving very few people mad enough to go out.

Probably cycleway. I'll see what weather is like and decide on route on Sunday, as we'll have a few new club runners with us.

ReplyQuote
(@simon-h)
Eminent Member

I'll be one of those new club runners Ady, looking forward to it 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@simon-h)
Eminent Member

Developed a cold last night, typical. Don't feel well this morning so gonna give this week a miss. Have a good ride 🙂

Simon

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

A pleasant day ambling to the Mills today. Graham G., Dave D., Phil S., Terry, Sheila, Chris, first time club runner (but round the world cyclist and recovering injury*) Emma Taylor and me, went there, and strangely enough, back again.

How did the other runs go?

*See http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1&doc_id=8155&v=1WQ for the full story, and http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=1&page_id=273087&v=7J for a scary story...

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Think El or Kev may write a blog. All i can say is 61 miles and diverted by a murder scene!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member

The middle run did a long loop to the Candle Factory, then back via Chapel Lane. Riders list is a long one, Steve & me. Thought the windtex needed an outing, but the day proved warmer than I thought and I cooked. Going to put it on standby for those sub 5 degree days

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: