This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

WELL DONE LES

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 phil
(@phil)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

you done a good job today, not bad for first race organiser...... 😉

les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Thank you Phil 🙂 can I just say a massive thank you to all who helped me out today. Fantastic race.

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Well done Les as organizing a road race is difficult for somebody with loads of experience in either racing or for somebody who has helped for years but never stepped up to actually organizing a race. You are relatively new to cycling and had no previous experience and yet you were prepared to have a go and the race went very well. I think the club is very lucky to have somebody like you who is willing to play a major role in keeping up the extensive yearly programme of races that we promote.

Caroline & Dave

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Thanks Dave that message means a lot to me and you two are amazing people and I hope outside the club we can keep in touch. I have a massive training programme before heading to Russia. Please keep in touch and if you ever want a marshal on the TTs give me a call.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Yes, very well done Les. It was an excellent aggressive race - just a shame about the traffic, but it all worked out well in the end. You did brilliantly for a first timer, it actually gets a little easier over the years as you get into the swing of it! But I'll stick to organising the cyclo cross - no traffic jams!

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Thanks Nick and so did you as driver and thanks for your help, it all came good in the end. I owe you drivers some petrol money so let me know. I enjoyed being a big part of this event and looking after the riders as for me that's what it's all about. Had some really lovely E-mails from the riders and commissaries about how well we all handled the event. Going to do more for BC as I loved organising it even with the challenges. Take care and good luck with the cyclocross and if you need be let me know.

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

Well done Les. Regrettably, I was unable to attend the race but I hear you did very well. You are an enthusiastic and valuable member of our club and a definite asset. I hope you remain involved with the club.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Thanks Jed that means a lot unfortunately I have had a hard time by a few members in the club and feel all my efforts seem to have been for nothing I need some time out. Hopefully you will see me again soon and good luck to all you racers

ReplyQuote
(@shelagh)
Eminent Member

Les, you did a really good job. A few negative comments do not a club make. Focus on all the really positive comments that you've had and the fact that they're probably from the people that you would want them from too.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

I know Hun its just upset me that's all. I spent 6 months on this race and it came with plenty of challenges but as Dave said I have never done anything like this in my life before, one the day I was very very proud to have achieved such a challenge and least I know understand all about organising a road race and keeping the riders safe. It was an amazing feeling to have achieved this 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Hi Lesley,

I am sorry if you have had any problems? It might be best to raise any concerns with a committee member rather than on an open forum? This might give new members the wrong impression of our friendly and inclusive club!

I am sure that you feel strongly about this, but at least put any comments in the 'members only' bit please!

Best wishes

Claire x

ReplyQuote
 phil
(@phil)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

les, sorry to hear that you leaveing the club. 😥 i wish you all the best , i always enjoyed rideing with you.
good luck on your next tri.....

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Thanks Phil will do my best. Good luck guys with what ever you do in life and enjoy every challenge as i plan to do!! It's a fab club and I have had help from the most amazing people thanks the amazing Dave and Caroline, Woody, Jim W, Jules, Jed and plenty more your help had been amazing and I will be back once I realise I am rubbish at triathlons 😀

ReplyQuote
Share: