This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

New club clothing v...

Notifications
Clear all

New club clothing volunteer

18 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi guys, after the AGM I will be stepping down with the club clothing sorry to let you down but too much to do and too little time as proven today, life is too short 🙂

(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Hi Les, sorry to hear you have decided to step down, i would be happy to ADMINISTER etc. the club clothing, however, i am unable to hold stock as i do not have the room. I do not think this would be a problem as eveything is purchased to order now anyway, it is just the old stock, which probably needs a stratergy to off load anyway. Let me know what you think.

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Hi Jim,

I sold the club kit for three years and got great satisfaction from doing it. It is a wonderful way to meet new people in the club, and to put something back into the community.

We need to provide a service for riders who prefer the Giordana kit, and who do not wish to order online. I know that there are many! It doesn't take up much room anyway - just one box. The stock is not old or obsolete, and I would not be in favour of it being sold at a loss. It might be something we need to discuss at a Committee meeting or even at the AGM?

I put in place the new system and the new supplier, Champion Systems, when I handed the job over to Lesley. It was intended as an enhancement not as a replacement. Many of the long-standing members were worried about this at the time.

Thank you for showing an interest in the job, and a huge thanks to Lesley for taking it on for the last six months. I am sure your hard work is really appreciated by everyone in the club!

Claire

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Jim,

I'm happy to keep the stock at ours if you do the admin.

Champion Systems kit is far better in my opinion. And members don't have to order it themselves this can be done for them. The other stuff is ok but you don't get the option of different padding and a range for the female members.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Plus we don't need to keep a stock and delivery time is excellent.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

I was not aware that there was still a choice unless someone wanted to purchase the stock held. I thought that once that stock had gone, champ systems would be our sole supplier. Nevertheless, should WVCC be agree I am happy to administer if Jules can hold the stock

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Well volunteered Jim. There shouldn't be a huge amount of Giodana left I don't think. It would make sense to me to just use the one supplier, prizes and sizing is the same and it would ensure design/colour consistency too. One for committee to confirm on I think.

Just on the ordering, I always ordered through Les like I did with Claire so perhaps we could make that clearer to folks.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

I do have something in mind to simply the process if I proceed with this

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Have you bought one of those old cycle ice cream carts and going to brand it WVCC, sell kit out of it and come on the club run?

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@woody wrote:

Have you bought one of those old cycle ice cream carts and going to brand it WVCC, sell kit out of it and come on the club run?

I didnt have anything quite that high tech in mind woody 😆

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Fantastic Jim and Jules, it sounds like our club kit is in safe hands! I can sleep easy in my bed again! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Here is a sneak preview of Jim's new bike http://www.pashley.co.uk/cms/products/main_18.jpe g">

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@woody wrote:

Here is a sneak preview of Jim's new bike http://www.pashley.co.uk/cms/products/main_18.jpe g">

Obviously branded WVCC colours 😆

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Jim,

You may have a problem setting up the tri-bars on that bike, but at least we won't need support vehicles for Llanberis. 😉

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Can someone confirm if this change needs to be ratified by the committee or do i just go ahead and handover with Les?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: