This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Claire O'Brien

24 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@vince-brady)

It was so sad to hear of the loss of Claire. The news was shared amongst the Wrinklies upon meeting at Hatchmere, for our Wednesday ride.

I remember going to her home, a few years ago, to purchase some club clothing, she was so helpful and wanted to make sure I had made the right choice to meet my requirements.

Claire was a caring person who will be greatly missed.

Vince Brady

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Well said Eleanor and all the other comments. I was very sorry to hear this news, Claire was always so enthusiastic and has done so much for cycling locally.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

From Facebook, posted by the family:

Claire's funeral is taking place at St Mary's Whitegate, Friday 29th August. Time of 2pm
All are welcome and there are some light refreshments down the road at Vale Royal Abbey after the service.
Dress code: No Black, rainbow colours, smart or cycling kit

ReplyQuote
 karl
(@karl)
Estimable Member

My sincere condolences to Claires family, very sad news. I didn't know Claire very well, apart from the wonderful articles and comments on the Forum. It is very clear she will be sadly missed by a lot of people....

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Just returned from Holiday to hear this very sad news , my thoughts are with her family at this time.
Like everyone as said such a lovely woman and so dedicated to her breeze ladies and local cycling in general, I'm so glad I knew her as a friend and club member having been involved with club and breeze events with her she will be so sadly missed.

Alan S

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Okay guys and girls, a shout out to organise a ride has been asked for by the family.

See details here: https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/?p=4689

1pm Friday 29th August 2014 at the Legion, for the short ride to St Mary's Whitegate for 2pm.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Apologies all. Have just had an email from Claire's family, to say that the funeral is at 2pm, so we'll arrange to meet at the legion at 1pm.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

For those interested, the order of service from the funeral held last Friday, can be found at the following link:

https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ClaireFuneral.pdf

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

I met Neil O'Brien (Claire's husband) yesterday. He was very keen to ask me to relay his heartfelt thanks to all those Weaver Valley members who attended Claire's funeral. He seemed okay but was having a rather difficult day; his daughter, Elinor was off to university and so you can imagine how much they were missing Claire on such an important day.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: