This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Wheels

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jamie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

My 2011 Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels are on the way out due to the Spoke Nipples being seized to the Rim/Spokes.

Ive been looking at Zondas or Rs81 C24 as I want to keep the weight in the 1500's.
Would you say the Rs81 is worth the extra money?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-zonda-clincher-wheelset/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-wh-rs81-c24-carbon-laminate-clincher-wheelset/

Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

Yes 100% nice wheels and last ages.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

RS80s. Best wheels ever. Run them on both road & TT.

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Cheers , Ill save up a bit extra and get the Rs81's C24 😎

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Just get your elites rebuilt. The expensive bits are the hubs. The rim and spokes are cheap. Got my rear SL rebuilt for £150.

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I hadnt thourght about that , cheers Kris. I might get the Rs81's as well so Ive a Spare set as I only have one decent wheel set

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

Sorry I been away this week but rs81 all the way, why pay £150 per wheel (£300) the pair when you can have full New wheels with warranty for slightly more? Will beat any price Jamie

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Im saveing a bit every month for the Shimano WH-RS81 C24 Carbon Laminate Clincher Wheelset at the moment but if you can get close to the £370 wiggle price that would be good as I allways prefer to use a shop.

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

If you can get a good price on a new set, go for it. I'm just saying it seems a shame to ditch the hubs. Get a LBS to price up a rebuild, it won't break the bank 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

Hi Jamie, yes will match the wiggle price for you £369.95 mate. Just give me a day or two notice when you want em.

Jim

ReplyQuote
Share: