This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Frog cleats

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

And before you start Les not cleats for frogs or made of frogs .

Someone has suggested the Frog cleat system might be an option for my weak left foot as there is not spring to push against for releasing. Has anyone tried them or got some I could look at?

(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Hi Derek, I think this has more to do with cooking than cycling, it must have been by "LOOK" as they are French and they brought them out on April 1st. a few years ago. To be honest they could have been made to stop the frogs legs jumping off the plates in Cafes. The plates had little cleats fixed round the outside for this purpose, if I am wrong, please let me know, its a good question for the next quiz night? PS Hope the leg is getting stronger, but if you start beating me my sympathy could start to decline. Les ( frog Expert) Charnley

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

No idea about frog cleat Derek, but as I was saying at the club the SPD "M" cleats are easier to release and I have loads of worn cleats / pedals which are very easy to release. You are very welcome to try these to see if they are suitable and then borrow.

ReplyQuote
Share: