This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Cyclist Injuries st...

Notifications
Clear all

Cyclist Injuries study

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I've had an email from a student studying injuries in road cyclists, who is after some help with a survey as part of his study.
As I'm sure most of us have an injury (or many!), I think we can assist!

Details below:

Sender email: a.carrod6592@student.leedsbeckett.ac.uk

Dear Mr Japp, My name is Alex Carrod. I am a Physiotherapy MSc student at Leeds Beckett University. I would like to invite members of Weaver Valley Cycling Club to participate in a research project titled: “Current injuries sustained in amateur road cyclists in the United Kingdom: a physiotherapist perspective” The purpose of the study is to contribute a level of knowledge to the field of physiotherapy with regard to injuries sustained in amateur road cyclists. For the purpose of this project, the term “amateur road cyclist” has been defined, as cyclists who do NOT ride professionally or for financial benefit or sponsorship. Leeds Beckett institutional review board has ethically approved this study.

The study involves a short survey containing 3 sections: Demographics (i.e gender, age etc), Cycling training characteristics (i.e. how many miles cycled per week, how many days cycled per week etc) and Injury history (i.e. how many times have you been injured in the last 12 months as a result of cycling etc). The survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.

Appropriate cyclists for this study if you are:
1. 18 years old or over.
2. Currently road cycling within the last 12 months.
3. NOT cycling professionally.
4. NOT cycling for financial benefit or sponsorship.

Appropriate participants are asked to carefully read the participant information document before considering to take part in the study. If participant(s) are happy to take part, they MUST tick the box confirming they have read and understood the participation information and consent to taking part in the study, before completing the survey. To find this information, please click the link below (or copy and paste into your browser):

https://eSurv.org?s=LHDJLF_bd35bec

Please forward this information to your cycling members. If you have any questions or need any additional information regarding this project, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thanks for your for time. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,

Alex Carrod
Study Researcher
a.carrod6592@student.leedsbeckett.ac.uk

Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Twas dead easy! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

...more to the point that i think Jed was alluding to, the agreement is standard fayre, and the survey is anonymous.

ReplyQuote
Share: