This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

25% off cycling sho...

Notifications
Clear all

25% off cycling shoes at Halfords

22 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

Thanks Jim,
Perhaps if you keep you posts to the 'For Sale' section of the forum?

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

Cheers John K

I see what you mean but like I said to be fair I was only following up to what another member had stated - I didn't choose the thread or where it was placed in the first place.

The For Sale section is interesting though but it seems you guys hardly ever use it?

But that then infers that I am only using the site to sell my wares and in reality I ho0nestly am not.

Granted if a deal is to be done and with my newfound love for the local club and wanting to build bridges and all that I will be glad to add my 2 penneth.

I just want to help us as your local store be more in touch with the club and help its members out.

As I have said to the guys at the last 2 Tuesday evening meetings, there isn't a price which I cant better and if I can make sure the level of service and reliability is there then its got to be good for everyone.

"soapbox pushed back under desk for now"

Jim 😀

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Guys, Jim is genuinley trying to help us here, he is now an offical club member and will be out riding with us in the near future. If you want to speak to Jim direct and not in the shop then come along to a Tuesday club night and meet him there,
Al 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

................couldn't have put it better myself.

Why don't we get back to the glory days when these weekly club evening evening soiee's were greatly attended?

I have seen the pics on the clubs gallery and they looked great and would also help new members a great deal to meet other club members and chat all things cycling or non cycling related no?

Building bridges all-round..................?

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@tonyb)
Eminent Member

Just to add to this little debate (diplomatically) to be honest if I had a bike business I would do the same! am sure everyone loves a great offer or deal in the club, but I see there's abit of frustration out there! so may I suggest that we either

1) Have a link page to Dave Hinde with all the up to date WVCC offers!

2) We have a extra sub menu item on WVCC web site ie:- For Sale, Wanted, plus Offers. Note: - Offers would be weekly or monthly, parameters/rules pre agreed and if offers are restricted to local bike shops only.

3) keep the status quo

4) no advertising of offers full stop.

I myself would go for any of the top two!

Obviously this would be a decision made by the the WVCC committee!

Cheers tony
(get back to watching The Cave great film)

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

Well i opened a can of worms here didn't I!!

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

Great comments Tony, all good choices..............

I have to say not putting anything that any club member finds a great deal which may benefit others seems a little harsh.

A link? hmmmmmm, not sure how that would go down - like I say I'm not here just to flog metal.........

I think things are fine the way they are..................

Everyone gets a say (good or bad) and everyone knows where they stand.

What we don't want is the club website becoming a marketing tool for anyone but a place where members can chat, discuss and sort out all things cycling and club related

Jim 😀

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: