This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

25% off cycling sho...

Notifications
Clear all

25% off cycling shoes at Halfords

22 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@paul-h)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Not that there is a great choice but if you are after some new shoes you can get 25% off with their bundle deal when you add pedals.

But I am guessing that you don't need pedals right? Well put in a £2 pair and still get the discount 😉

(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

I have had a look at these and although this is a pretty good deal by Halfords standards I can do better by club members easily.

Just let me know model numbers and pedal types for far better pricing options for us guys..................

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

......................for example

Shimano RO78 £47.50
Shimano RO88 £59.95

and no need to buy £2 pedals!

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

R088 at wiggle £54.99 inc free delivery and haribo 🙂
Also CRC (no haribo)
Also at probikekit (inc free pbk toe covers and next free delivery.)

No need to buy any pedals

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

......meant to say less 10% so yes still cheaper..................you can keep the change to buy whatever you like...............don't have to be sweets

Jim 😀

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

Can i just put it out there that i'm pretty fed up of the forum being a free advertising space for Dave Hinde!

I really don't think that the forum should be used as a free advertising space for Dave Hinde.

I do wish it would stop or perhaps be limited.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@jim_dhr wrote:

......meant to say less 10% so yes still cheaper..................you can keep the change to buy whatever you like...............don't have to be sweets

Jim 😀

Meant to say but didn't Jim

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@John K wrote:

Can i just put it out there that i'm pretty fed up of the forum being a free advertising space for Dave Hinde!

I really don't think that the forum should be used as a free advertising space for Dave Hinde.

I do wish it would stop or perhaps be limited.

Here here john

ReplyQuote
(@johnk)
Estimable Member

Thank you for your support Jim. I hope the majority feel the same way.

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

Can I just say that if a club member (one of my fellow club members I might add) suggests a great deal for us cyclists out there and I know that I can get them a better deal through the shop a I supposed to say nothing?

Maybe tell them afterwards that they could have saved a few bob? I'm sure they would really appreciate me for this.

All I did was post something helpful to help save a few of you a few quid and as per the same people jump on board and suggest everywhere possible to the point of giving up cycling almost than buy from us at the shop? I really don't see what the problem is.

Many discussions go on here re great offers and deals and I am just making you aware of the deals I can offer................I didn't even start this thread.

Maybe Halfords shouldn't have been mentioned or Jim Duffys favourites of PBK, CRC or anyone but us.

I thought I was entitled to an opinion and voiced it to save people money - If you choose to take the option great - If not its not my issue.

Jim 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Your right, you didn't even start the thread, What you have a habit of doing is hijacking any thread, and turning it into a dhr advertisement, even if it isn't related cycling related.
Curry night after llanberis - "Don't forget get back safely, have your bike serviced at dhr"
I am just saying what most other people are thinking, and even discuss.

I don't have a problem with supporting your local bike shop, but we just don't need it raming down our throat.

PS. Glad to hear you are now a member Jim. Maybe we can discuss in more detail on the long run on Sunday going up Gun hill, or up through Wincle. alternatively maybe if you speak to graham you could join us to llanberis.

Suggest we leave this now as we are beginning to sound a little like chuckle brothers :-p

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

I wont be going to Llamberis but I am doing 100 miles a week (riding 5/6 days per week) - its even been discussed me having a few rides with Al Silver so maybe Gun hill wont be as far off as you may think......

Jim

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

I often find 'Jim-dhr''s posts entertaining. I like the dry and sometimes cutting sense of humour. I also enjoy reading the responses to his posts Jim-dhr's posts only account for less than 1% of all posts so I don't really think it's a problem. Member's who don't like posts from this quarter needn't read them. I'm sure Jim-dhr will bear in mind the feelings expressed by members and post accordingly - It would be counter productive to ignore them.

ReplyQuote
(@sydrim)

I'm with Jed on this one. I also think that if we start making rules about who can post and what content may or may not be included will be detrimental. I must admit that I too get a bit frustrated when threads lose their purpose when side tracked by a some members having a meaningless tete a tete but then I have the option not to read on. I certainly think we shouldn't be singling out any one individual.

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

I would like to say thanks for the plus points and the negatives.

I have had a detailed chat with Ady about what can and what shall we say is frowned upon ways of doing things on here.

I can appreciate that in the past I have pushed boundaries and I may even do again in the future but only in a light hearted manner.

My comment on this thread was just to make other members aware of a great deal I can do in comparison with what another member was advocating - its for club members benefit - not mine.

Freedom brothers!....................and sisters

Jim

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: