This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

sunday 25th May lon...

Notifications
Clear all

sunday 25th May long run

28 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin

I can see a lot of work has gone into planning this and am happy to go along with this route. I do know a slight alternative that avoids the main road into Llangollen. It involves some climbing but goes along a very picturesque balcony route that runs parallel to the main road. In fact some of you will know part of it as it goes up towards Prospect cafe and then drops onto the route. It offers the option of rejoining the classic main road up Horseshoe pass or going up the steeper and in my view more attractive old road to the Ponderosa. I know my better half much prefers this way but we are happy to fit in. Kev

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Kev put it forward in the morning I'm happy either way 😀

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

My legs are shot! Ride report on https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/to-do-the-horseshoe-pass-or-not-to-do-the-horseshoe-pass/
Photo to follow when my PC is in a better mood...

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Fantastic blog el, again. Thanks to everyone for today another classy ride and I'm sure one that won't be forgotten for a while. It's the plassey again on the 27th June we could reverse todays route ;). It's also a nice cafe and some of the waitresses are kind on the eye too 😉

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Just read El's report; sounds like a good ride. I'm sorry I missed it but a bit put off by the rain which never stopped for long in Northwich. Forest next Saturday for the off-roaders!

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Great blog els and a very enjoyable given the weather, but it could have been worse!!

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@NickB wrote:

Just read El's report; sounds like a good ride. I'm sorry I missed it but a bit put off by the rain which never stopped for long in Northwich. Forest next Saturday for the off-roaders!

Shame on you, a hardy MTB guy put off by the rain 😉

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

[attachment=0:1tu6ce8l]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401083939.830498.jpg[/attachment:1tu6ce8l]
It would appear that kendol turned back just before the horseshoe.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Great blog Eleanor!!! Great ride, great company!!! Not out next week Jacob has a regional swimming gala!!!

See you in 2 weeks 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@colinw)

Thanks to Titch for proposing the horseshoe it was a first for me and I'm happy we did it, it was a great ride. I won't be out at the weekends for a while due to work 🙁 I am however looking forward to my race debut on the 3rd June at Oulton Park(gulp).

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Finally managed to get my photo onto the blog - to save you looking here it is.

[attachment=0:s00h2dhv]plassey.jpg[/attachment:s00h2dhv]

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

What on earth do we look like? I do believe Jim is smiling!!! 😉 😆

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member

Nice one Colin , Im sure you'll do great 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: