This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

sunday 25th May lon...

Notifications
Clear all

sunday 25th May long run

28 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Can I put forward a suggestion?
How about we head out to the horse shoe pass Via kinnerton and Hope? Stop for lunch at the penderosa cafe? It would be a slightly longer than usual long run probably finishing up at just over 100 miles by the time we're back at hartford. We could head back via the mills as a just in case stop if we're all feeling slightly fragile?
I did this a few weeks back and ended up with 118 miles on the clock and plenty of climbing oh and the descending to go with it, especially the descent of HSP it/s amazing with some nice sweeping bends and a hairpin or 2.
My sketchy directions probably wouldn't be up to leading but I'm more than happy to assist.

Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have a proposed route which kinda takes in pretty much everything.
http://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/create-from-activity/481122666

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

May be another time when it's a TBA ride. This week is sorted, people decide if there coming out on what's on the calendar.

Also 100+ miles is too far for most.

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

25th may is currently a tba ride on calendar or has it been put in a different thread?
It was only a suggestion and would of course be subject to wether and numbers wanting to take up this ride. Could also be cut slightly shorter by going back through saighton instead of down the river cutting off about 15 to 20 miles

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Hi all,

I won't be out this Sunday, cycling over to Bala to see my Mum on her birthday. Speaking to a few last Sunday Titch's idea will be a goer. There will be an option to cut it short on the way home as the full ride (118 miles) may be too much for some. The shorter option will be 90 miles.

Be good to start getting in a few more longer long rides as the weather improves.

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Will somebody be assisting Titch leading this ride? Wouldn't want to be getting lost on a 100+ mile ride 😮
No offence Titch by the way!!! 😉

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Kev U said he fancies it and knows the route. Jim can also load the route on his Garmin.

If you do this ride you need to avoid Wrexham town centre and the main road in and out of it. There is loads of different routes in that area.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

I have looked at the ride Titch a few weeks ago and tweaked it to avoid wrexham, i have also done it from the legion and removed the loop down the river just so everyone is clear on what the minimum route would look like. is is around 86 miles (plus to and from the legion), therefore a nice distance at this time of year and includes a decent climb up horseshoe pass.

It would be about 45 miles to the cafe, anyone wishing to add a longer loop with Titch can do so from about 70 miles, this could increase the ride to about 100-105 miles 😀

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/6645193

I am happy to lead the ride or assist Titch with directions as required, either way, we will not get lost 😆

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Sounds great, see you Sunday!!! Fingers crossed for decent weather 😎

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Nice one Jim 😀

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

sounds like a good one then. I will make sure we all stay together if you are good to direct Jim? hopefully I will be better for sunday.
also we should attempt the longer route on the way back via the river and 2 mills.

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Kev and I are looking forward to it! Thanks for the idea Titch. I can't see the route using the Garmin links...does it include Panorama Walk, one of the most beautiful bits of road in Wales? (It contours along the hillside North of the River Dee and Llangollen, just along from Prospect cafe).

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

just checked my link, it was still private 🙄 , should be ok now 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@JimDuffy wrote:

just checked my link, it was still private 🙄 , should be ok now 😀

I can see it now 🙂 Great route

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

looks good Jim, I think we should stick to the shorter ride as the weather isn't forecast well.
Last week went very well with jules leading us like a pro! I hope that this week will be just as enjoyable, this does mean that we need to look out for one another. bring plenty of food, water and a waterproof jacket.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: