This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Long Run - 9th Marc...

Notifications
Clear all

Long Run - 9th March

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

What a fantastic day, must go down as one of the best I have ridden, after all the bad weather, conditions were perfect and the group we had was very well matched. Strong ride by Colin and great to see Nick Butterworth riding so well on his road bike (yes road bike).

Thanks to everyone for a great ride, unfortunately, I wont be out the next couple of weeks. see you all at the end of March. 😀

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Weather was incredible, after a tough couple of months and especially llanberis it felt so good!

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Did my own long run today which was a hilly tempo ride for 6 hours. Did it on my Rourke lo-pro that I will be using for the 24 hour as it has laid back seat tube and steel frame so comfortable over the long distances. Route was Norley, Kelsall, Huxley, Tattenhall, Malpas, Welshampton, Prees, Weston, Hodnet, Market Drayton, Norton Hales, Woore, Madeley, Wrinehill, Audlem, Aston, Wrenbury, Cholmondley, Bickerton, Beeston, Tarporley and home. 114 miles in 5:59:23 so misjudged it by 37 seconds (damn!) This gave a very pleasing 19 mph average with 5400ft of climbing so pleased as this is roughly the pace I am aiming for in the 24 hour but on much tougher roads and with heavy wheels and mudguards and I felt great the whole ride. Stopped once at Hodnet for 5 minutes, 3 hours into the ride for a second 750ml bottle.

I was pleasantly surprised to meet Martin Whyard on the road from Woore to Madeley so had a nice little breather as we chatted for a few minutes. We both agreed that it was a great day to be on the bike with light wind, warm sunshine and beautiful scenery. Like me he set out at 8 am to make the most of the day and he certainly wasn't disappointed. Let's hope that the weather has turned a corner.

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

high pressure band is supposed to last for two weeks, hopefully right up to where I jet off to Majorca for a suntan 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Very enjoyable ride Sunday - one of my few clubruns - might even do some more. Thanks for leading it Jim

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: