This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Off road weekend 30...

Notifications
Clear all

Off road weekend 30 Nov

15 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Possibility of a weekend closer to home as plan to head to N Yorks has fallen through. Let me know if you are free and fancy it – watch this space

(@paul-h)
Eminent Member

Looking like I might be on child minding duties but looking to see what I can do to join you.

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

trying to sort out a bike for this. paradox to getting one is to work more, meaning i don't have the time to ride it.

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Hope this flies, as I have a pass!!

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

We had a brilliant day ride on the Long Mynd last December on a very wet day For a report see https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/long-mynd-off-road-ride-22-dec/ .

So the plan is to head down that way, near Church Stretton on A49 south of Shrewsbury, and have a ride Sat and another Sunday, so folks can come along either or both days. So far it's Matthew and me, probably staying at Marshbrook which has camping pods which it says are heated and open all year. We need a few to share the cost of the pod. See http://www.camping-shropshire.co.uk/ for more info and details of rides in the area. I'll be in my campervan on the same site 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Yes, someone please come and share the cost of a Pod with me. I don't fancy camping at this time of year!!

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Really sorry we're away in Scotland otherwise I'd have loved to share a pod with you. El likes camping and is tougher than me so she'd have been fine in a tent on her own.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Unfortunately all the pods are booked up that weekend! They have plenty of camping pitches though! Or we could make it another weekend in the new year?

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

new year may suite me as can't make it for planned weekend. but don't let me stop you, I can't confirm that I'll be able to make it in new year

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Plenty of camping pitches, the first week of December, not much of a surprise really!! 😀
Yeah, do it in the new year would be good for me, are we still going for a day ride though? (think Derek is working on the Sunday, but I'll check 'cos I'm seeing him in a bit)

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

How about heading to Marshbrook a weekend in Jan when Rich C, Kev & El and a few others are free. Instead we could do a ride round the Clwyd hills Sat 30 Nov as it's not far and we haven't been there for a while?

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

The January plan sounds good. How about 4th and 5th Jan?

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Clwyds suits me fine this Saturday. Can't see any reason I'd not come on 4/5 Jan either. Sounds like a good plan!

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Sounds like a plan - I'll update the calendar. Pods are available that weekend

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just to confirm 30 Nov will be a day ride in Clwyd hills and weekend will now be 4&5 Jan at Marshbrook to ride the Long Mynd and around

ReplyQuote
Share: