This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

delamere tomorrow.....

Notifications
Clear all

delamere tomorrow...flippers and snorkel optional

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I do have visions of sitting on my own in the cafe at 10.30 thinking to myself.... "i thought my hardcore biking mates were made of tougher stuff than this...." however if anyone does make it for some 'fun' then i wouldn't wear your best gear as you'll get covered in mud and your mum will kill you when you get home. don't blame anyone if they want to stay in bed on saturday, seems quite appealing to be honest, but if Gareth turns up and is willing to get muddy then i think a lot of the regulars need to have a good look at themselves in the mirror and think.... am i doing my best? so forget spending tonight changing your "zx's" to your "aqua's" ready for sunday... instead give that old mountain bike in the shed a quick tyre squeeze, or grab your mum's bike if you're titch, and have a few cans, relax and look forward to the mornings ride. on a serious one.... it should be good, and if you're a wvcc mtb virgin then there is no better time to come and get filthy in the forest, as its all very informal, i'll be having my normal two anadin for breakfast, other headache tablets available, so if i am leading this ride then it won't be a fast one. and don't bust your ball bearings to get there for ten as i'm normally five or ten minutes late myself.

Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

sorry guys i wont be out tomorrow. im working 😥 but if theres a ride next weekend then will come down to that one. i am out tonight im sure i will need a canoe not a bike but hey i will give it a go 😛

ReplyQuote
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

Cheeky sod, my mountain bike has been muddy once... I made sure there was photographic evidence (check out the Mary Townley Loop blog). Having said that though I wont be out tomorrow as just got back from a week in Northern France catching two stages of the Tour. Took eight hours to get back from Dover this afternoon in our lovely crowded wet island so I'm having a day off tomorrow! Enjoy yourselves.

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

no newbies today so from the pack of stalwarts i was dealt a pair of steve's and a rob, which i was more than happy with considering i was expecting no-one. recipe for the day started with a base of fine, warm and dry weather, followed by a huge scoop of banter and a sprinkling of great trails, which had in all fairness stood up really well to the recent monsoons. particular mention to steve from crewe... you've got a 64 year old heading down 'no-brains' with two burly blokes on top end cube bikes saying....... "we'll leave you lads to do this bit". pic was from old pale - nice poses fella's....were there some women behind me whilst i was taking the picture that i missed?! thanks again, i had a great ride.

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Well done guys I promise I will come down and try the whole mountain biking again some time soon if you need some entertainment haha 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Thanks for leading this Andy, glad you had a good ride - I'm back on the forum now, but checkout the calendar for future rides

ReplyQuote
Share: