This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

canvassing interest

Notifications
Clear all

canvassing interest

41 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

Thats the wrong time to say that, he's off tomorrow racing in the enduro series up in Scotland all weekend! He did them last year and has signed up for this year!

Dark horse is our Howard!

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

But given a couple of weeks notice if he's not out racing somewhere he would be happy to come and give ya a run out he says.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

So when the next serious off road tootle then, H says he will join you..........

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

😮 they're all serious 😆

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Are we going to arrange lifts for this? I'm happy to drive or share petrol money.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Sounds good to me - I'll drop you all an email - just three of us I take it, Matt, Andy and me or is Titch coming too?

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

there won't be titch with us, I think he got a bike in the end but all the places sold out... I did warn him that as soon as people got wind that the WVCC were going to be there, tickets would be flying off the shelves... it's reported in MBUK that the last available ticket went for nine times it's face value on ebay to an unknown bidder which was tipped to be Gee Atherton. in your email nick, is the offer of a lift only if we come with you on Friday? couldn't work it out. Hornby, if nick goes up on the Friday then I don't mind driving, be using her astra so you may have to take a wheel or two off. I suggest we get there about 9.30 as I think the uplift starts at ten. probs best take some dinner with us as I also think they stop the uplift for dinner.

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Well that was easy. So easy, I actually fell asleep on one run. https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1794774_10152005370005976_3964383408641488800_n.jp g">

Sorry, it's a link. For some reason I get an error message when trying to post a photo.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

Just published a post on the blog with links to videos on youtube. Great day - thanks to Andy for organising it

ReplyQuote
(@andrew-risk)
Trusted Member

That looks fantastic. I'd definitely want to be well padded up before hurtling down there! 😮

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@Andrew Risk wrote:

That looks fantastic. I'd definitely want to be well padded up before hurtling down there! 😮

so we're putting your name down for next time And? 😉

well i for one completely underestimated the severity of the tracks thinking "yeah, i'll do the blue and red and see how it goes for black..." enough to say the red was attempted only by our own intrepid Mr. Hornby, and i'll spare his blushes as to how he got on with the rest of the red. 😆 ... credit for trying it though, more than I did (dare). 6 mins flowing downhill and then a minibus waiting to take you to the top again is pretty much as good as mountain biking gets for me. I'll certainly be going back, i'll post up a date nearer the time. thanks to nick for the transport... i need a camper van in my life.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: