This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

canvassing interest

Notifications
Clear all

canvassing interest

41 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

the dishwasher is too sensitive a subject for me to even suggest that as a joke matt, also, i make that noise and strike that pose each time i don the weaver valley get up anyway 😉 you're right not to get yourself in debt over a new bike titch, keep pecking away at the gaffers at your work and see what you can do. nick, easter weekend for me is a definite no chance, but the saturday of the classic or the saturday before is ok... what day can you do matt? i also want to get new brake pads on my bike before we go as i think they are the thickness of a stamp at the moment. If nick or matt could give me a few pointers, that would be great as hydraulic brakes are new to me and could do with avoiding a nightmare when it coming to 'bleeding and burping'. thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

12th is fully booked

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

26th would be best for me.

Cheapest place to buy pads from is Superstar Components and they're not hard to change. Park Tools website is good for online instructions but certainly give me a shout if you want a hand.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

If you can sort a date I'll put it on the calendar - do we have to book places at Antur Stiniog?

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

put it in for the 26th

you do have to book, i'm going to book a place on monday, i'm sure you could book yourself but if people send me some cash via bank transfer or drop it at my house, i'll book it all in one go. I'm doing a couple of night training rides at the mo round marbury and the odd 'just up and down old pale' (good down hill practice) if anyone fancies tagging on. thanks for the offer of help on the brakes matt, i'll put the new ones in and take it from there and if i need to do any fettling, i'll call in your services.

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

what night are your 'training nights' andy I'm looking to ride after work around marbury delayer places like that!

also if you need any help on discs set-up give me a shout You'd think I would know a little by now from building so many bikes 😛

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

I'm booked and I'm seeing Derek tomorrow so I'll try and twist his arm.

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

you cheeky boy Mr Hornby! booking before me! You gone for the full day yeah? titch, I'll sort something out with you regarding a blast round marbury, pm me phone number and I'll text you 24 hrs before hand. just for the record, when I say training ride, it's not on a par with jules on a Saturday, it's only for a couple of hours and it just keeps the Budweiser cans out of my hand for the night. You had any joy blagging a rig for antur titch? I've been doing a bit of research on the day and found this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5d-WrZ3hN6Q the black looks like it could be left to the 'stormtrooper boys' but I may stretch to it when confidence builds from the epic looking blue and red. be great if delboy could make it, not seen him for time. Thanks also for the offer of brakes titch

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

the red looks good, no look yet, but i will ask again today 😉 try get an orange 5 or alpine 160 😉 if i can get one i will deffo book on and if the offer of a lift still lies then I'll take you up on it andy (al things being well)
matt are you doing this on your genesis? I may have to invest in some baggies so i fit in too.

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

OOOoooshh... booked 😉

the lift is there titch as long as it is there, so get that boss of yours a few more cups of tea and start creeping up to him for that bike!

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

matt are you doing this on your genesis?

No. I'll take my Gnarrpoon.

(which is my F.S. Giant just in case that wasn't clear)

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

AY AY I might have a demo orange 5 😀 just need to ring orange to book it. will try to book it tomorrow and let you know.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

I've booked full day 26 April too 😀 so will put on the calendar and forum to see if we get any other takers (who have bikes already) and sort out lifts nearer the time.

ReplyQuote
(@jim_dhr)
Estimable Member

Shall I expect you all the following Monday then when all bikes become one?? LOL, seriously though have a great weekend.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

howard not fancy it jim? or is his regular 5mph down manchester road enough for him?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: