This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Cannock Chase Sat 1...

Notifications
Clear all

Cannock Chase Sat 18 Jan

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Meet at the trail centre for 10am start. Brilliant manmade trails for all abilities, see http://www.chasetrails.co.uk/ café and bike shop too.

(@paul-h)
Eminent Member

Great day and thanks for organising Nick. When I got home not only did I have a broken spoke, the swing arm has cracked as well!

Just trying to did dig out the receipt to see if it is still covered.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Glad you enjoyed it Paul, and sorry to hear about your bike - probably get something sorted with a Trek having a lifetime warranty?

Kev & El, Matthew, Derek, Paul H, my brother Simon and I dodged the showers and enjoyed the brilliant Monkey Trail. This Red graded route is fast and flowing in places with some technical rocky sections and plenty of climbs to gain elevation. Cannock Chase is quite extensive and forested, surprisingly close to the industrial west Midlands.

After all the rain the trail was wet and a little muddy in places, but lots of hardpacked gravel helped keep the going firm in the main. Simon managed a fine forward dismount on one of the bumpy descents, but had a soft landing, so no harm done. We were disappointed to find the café closed for refurbishment, but discovered a temporary replacement where we enjoyed toasties and paninis.

After lunch we set off round the same trail, which splits at a quarter distance, Paul and I continuing for another circuit of the Monkey while the rest deviated to Follow the Dog. Paul was flying, and by the time we got back to the centre I was all in. Great training for Llanberis and excellent fun and company too. Come and join us at Delamere 1 Feb if you fancy off road fun.

ReplyQuote
Share: