This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Borderlands MTB Cha...

Notifications
Clear all

Borderlands MTB Challenge Sat 10 May

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This is a great event which many of us have been riding for a number of years. Very hilly and taking in some great scenery around the Ceriog Valley and Berwyn Mountains. More details at http://www.borderlandbikechallenge.co.uk/ checkout the gallery and you might find some photos of the WVCC team

(@jules)
Honorable Member

Great event.

Hilly is an understatement 8k of climbing and decending #noflat

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

You know you love the MTB Jules - dig it out of the back of the garage.

I should have mentioned that this is a charity event in aid of the air ambulance and local charities, so you are supposed to get sponsorship, but we always make a donation instead - £20 or £25 which includes lunch afterwards and drinks on the way round

ReplyQuote
(@paul-h)
Eminent Member

Great to see that a Weaver Valley rider is in one of the pictures on their home page.

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Ah yes that's the well know international MTBer Kev Campbell. Kev...you can still return to the fold!

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Five Weaver Valley riders completed the Challenge - El & Kev and I did it for the 6 or 7th time,while Steve M and Paul H rode for the first time on a very tough, windy day. We set off together, but El soon unshipped her chain. Paul and I suggested Kev stop to help her, but instead he attacked up the first climb. We played cat and mouse for an hour or so, but the Duracell Bunny just keeps on going! As we passed half way I had a distinct lack of stamina and Kev rode away, finishing in a very respectable 2hr10min. I was 9 minutes behind with Paul a few minutes down and Steve and El both under 3hrs. We all enjoyed it, despite the deep puddles and copious mud 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@paul-h)
Eminent Member

There is a great picture of Kev on the website. First picture of the second gallery. http://www.borderlandbikechallenge.co.uk/gallery.html

ReplyQuote
Share: