This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Training chain gang...

Notifications
Clear all

Training chain gang Tues & Thurs evening

35 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

A few have suggested we start some evening training rides in the form of a chaingang. Meet at 6.30pm Hanging Gate Pub, Weaverham. The plan is to ride out through Acton Bridge to Crowton, take the first right and then start "through and off" or "bit and bit" around a circuit of about 4 miles (this is a change from the first time we tried it). The idea of this small circuit is that it is fairly flat and that anyone who gets dropped can either continue riding slowly until they have lost a lap, or turn round and join in again when they meet the group. This is the theory, so we'll try it out and see if it works. The idea is to gain experience riding at speed, but all abilities are welcome as we will be on a small circuit, so won't lose you if you get dropped. Leave a reply if you intend to come along so we get an idea of who's likely to turn up.

kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

I am interested in this.

Here is a map of the route Nick has planned.

Google Map

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Sounds good. Can't promise to be at all of them, but would ne good to do some evening training with others. Tried to tag onto a chain gang last Thursday - think it might have been Warrington RC - I say 'think' 'cos I couldn't get near them!

ReplyQuote
(@paull)
Eminent Member

Great idea Nick I will join you although it may not be for a week or two yet as I'm currently recovering from over doing it a bit - riding 5 mountain/hilly/SPOCO time trials so far this season has left me somewhat knackered!
See you on the blacktop soon...

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Great idea I'd be up for this, although 6.30 would be a bit too early for me as I work in Manchester and finish at 5.30. If it could start at 7 that would be spot on. If not I'll just have to jump on back of the train!

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Great response guys and there are a few who are interested who must have a phobia of this forum cause they've responded to my email without checking out this post?! I'll be there whatever the weather, but understand that ohers may have more common sense. We may make it later once the nights draw out, but anyone turning up late, just head along to the circuit and join on the back. This is a bit of an experiment, so check here in case we change things in the future.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

When does it start Nick tomorrow night? If yes will try and make it.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Sounds good. Won't be there tomorrow - but I'll probably be out Thursday to jump in!

ReplyQuote
(@gareth)
Eminent Member

Great idea Nick. I'll make it when I can, although 6.30 might be a bit early for me unless the traffic from Crewe and my boss are kind!

ReplyQuote
(@rich-m)
Eminent Member

I agree, it's a great idea. I can't make it this week, but I hope to be there next Tuesday and Thursday

ReplyQuote
(@dylan-sharrock)
Eminent Member

sound great nick. will it start tomorrow ?

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

First one Tuesday 5 April - sure I already did this reply but it seems to have disappeared into cyberspace!
Sorry Dylan - strickly over 40's ...........only joking! See Tuesday

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

@NickB wrote:

strickly over 40's

WOOHOO!

@NickB wrote:

...........only joking!

D'OH!

ReplyQuote
(@chris-g)

Hi Nick,

Me & Matt will be up for this.

What sort of duration are you thinking of? and are you still thinking of having an alternative lap over at Lostock?

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
(@dylan-sharrock)
Eminent Member

Was really fun ! bit windy got to the end with only me and nick left 😆

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: