This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Pedal Power

23 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I went for a cycle ride with Gina Bebbington of the Northwich Guardian today! She is very positive about the club and how it can be involved in various initiatives - family/charity cycle day at Oulton Park in June, Criterium festival in the town centre of Northwich in September to replace the Thundersprint, sponsorship of club jerseys. There are many, many ideas being circulated, so 2013 could be a very exciting year for cycling in Northwich! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Sounds like fruitful ride with Gina. All sounds very exciting In the Guardian today there was an article on the Thundersprint and what to replace it with.

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@titch75)
Reputable Member

Replace it with a crit! 'Northwich criterium' would be pan flat would cost less and be more environmentally friendly plus might get kids involved?

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks to Gina Bebbington for such a nice article! This should be the start of many more features about the WVCC. Gina, the Chief Reporter with the Northwich Guardian, will be coming on a club run in the next few weeks, so she can see for herself what a friendly cycling club this is! Hopefully, this campaign will encourage more people to get on their bikes, making Northwich a safer and more pleasant place for everyone to cycle!

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/pedal_power/10057735.Meet_the_Guardian_s_first_Pedal_Power_Ambassador/

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Very good, well done Claire!

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@nofear wrote:

......just sent the following e-mail to the Guardian:

Dear Gina,

I'd like to congratulate the Guardian for recognizing the many benefits and enjoyment to be had, from cycling. I have lived in the Northwich area for 26 years and I moved to the area from Manchester because I am a keen cyclist and in my opinion mid-Cheshire has much to offer cyclists.....

Dave Fearon

Great to see Dave's letter in the Northwich Guardian today - very eloquent and measured! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The Grange School Sixth Form have a cycling group under the leadership of Guy Rands, Deputy Headmaster. They pedal on a Wednesday afternoon, and my daughter Elinor has been taking an active part in it! Wave if you see them out! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@Claire.O wrote:

Thanks to Gina Bebbington for such a nice article! This should be the start of many more features about the WVCC. Gina, the Chief Reporter with the Northwich Guardian....

Thank you again, Gina, for keeping the Weaver Valley Cycling Club in the local news yet again! Andy Wood is doing a superb job for the WVCC in promoting women's racing and leisure cycling! 🙂

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/10086119.Women_have_Pedal_Power/?ref=mmsp

Please 'like' and 'share' this article so that it is featured prominently on the Northwich Guardian website - and buy the newspaper too! Let's boost their circulation!! 🙂

This is the Cheshire Classic website:

http://www.cheshireclassic.co.uk/

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: