This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

New North Wales Clo...

Notifications
Clear all

New North Wales Closed Road Sportive

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Following the Etape Caledonia, a new sportive in North Wales launches in October 9th. Etape Cymru features closed roads, starting and finishing in Wrexham with 100 miles covered with 6000 feet of climbing around Denbigh. 3,500 entries available. Loved Llanberis? Think you'll digg this!

(@tim-b)
Trusted Member

at £65 i dont think so. a bit cheaper for B C members.

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Yikes! 😯

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member

Hi, well I have not heard of this event till now, so will look it up but with what has been posted here fine the concept a strange one considering the attitude of the North Wales police to cycling events on their patch. If the entry fee is £65.00 there will be no Welsh riders anyway. A £65.oo enrty fee is taking the piss, but thinking on it every welsh person on the route will want a back hander if roads are to be closed, its like every thing in North Wales, Put a fence round and charge people to go in and look. ( swallow Falls). If anyone is thinking of entering, just consider the Llanberis ride, Following vehicle, road assistance, hotel room, evening meal, evening chat and me telling you my life story ( again) breakfast, following vehicle home, COST £38.00. Derek can ride 13 Audax events for that, so lets see how it all goes but by October my bikes been put away till the next season.
Les ( Hate these robbing bastards who under the pretence of promoting cycling go out to make a fortune) Charnley

ReplyQuote
(@kevin-c)
Trusted Member

Hi Les

Hope you are feeling better now that you have got that off your chest, lol. Next time you venture across the border, watch out for the tacks....

ReplyQuote
Share: