This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Get well soon Chas

Notifications
Clear all

Get well soon Chas

32 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@rich-m)
Eminent Member

Best wishes Chas and I am pleased to hear that you are being positive.

I have been there myself so I completely sympathise, although it sounds like your injuries are even worse than mine were. I did make a full recovery (although it may not have looked that way last weekend) but it does take time and a lot of patience. Once you are mobile again it will be a question of taking small steps at a time as even simple things like walking to the shop can feel like a 100 mile ride. But, if you keep positive and look for small improvements it will help your recovery.

Best wishes

Richard

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Cheers Richard - I'll print off your comments and take them with me when I visit Chas Friday evening with Dave Mckay. He's had a few ups and downs over the past few days and is still in a lot of pain. Hoping to find him a bit better on Friday when it will be 3 weeks into the 6 weeks they say he needs on his back. I'll be passing on all of the good wishes everyone is sending.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Chas was improved on Monday after some problems last week. He seems to be keeping his spirits up, despite being flat on his back still. He appreciates all the good wishes from clubmates and I'm sure he'd love to see anyone who can visit. Please get in touch with me if you can make it over to Oswestry - 01606 76171 / 07733 121505

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

By way of an update, Chas will be assessed Friday 1 April, 6 weeks after his fall, and we hope he will get a good report so that he can start to get a bit more mobility. I'll post more news as I get it. Anyone wanting to visit Chas, please let me know.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

So far things seem to be going well and Chas has been sat up today (Sunday). Hoping to have more news Monday.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Pleased to report that Chas is continuing well, sat up in bed and hopeful of getting home in about another week.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin-c)
Trusted Member

This is great news, and here's hoping he is back home really soon.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Chas is continuing to make great progress and took his first steps for over 6 weeks today! He said it was as if he had lead diving boots on his feet, but with luck they should get lighter every day.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Paul visited Chas Wednesday and said he is making fantastic progress, so will hopefully be home within a few more days.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Nick,

Just been over to Eureka for a ride. Anne was asking after Chas and hopes he's back home soon. Please let Chas know that she was asking after him.

See you Tuesday all being well.

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Hi Nick
Technology is amazing, here we are in Oz checking up on WVCC site! Fantastic news about Chas, give him a big well done from us, we're so relieved that he's up walking about - sounds very promising!
We met a long lost cousin of mine today - it turns out he's a bike fiend with a garage full of bikes - he's taking Kevan and me up some mountain tomorrow - should be good! Please tell Chas we'll be thinking of him..
Love from down under

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Cheers Jules, and El - we wondered how you were going to get some riding in while in Oz! Now you will have no excuse for missing the TLI races when you get home. Have a great time and I'll post here when I get more news on Chas.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin-c)
Trusted Member

Hi Kev and El
Glad to hear you are getting some miles in, but you will have to go some to beat the Long Mynd last w/e. Think Ayers Rock x 2, 5 times....Hope its not too wet over there, 'cause its red hot here

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Chas is now back at home and we wish him well with his continued recovery.

ReplyQuote
(@rich-m)
Eminent Member

Glad to hear that you're home Chas. Nick was saying that the ribs are still painful - mine took quite a while before they healed and they were painful, but they will get better - it just takes time

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: