This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Dave Astles Remembe...

Notifications
Clear all

Dave Astles Rememberance Ride 27 th December

19 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@woody)
Honorable Member

An amazing morning, I couldn't believe the amount of people at the British Legion. Dave would have been proud. Well done to Al for organising it all and Al for making sure everyone got to the Ice Cream Farm safely.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Great turn out. Makes me proud to be a member of the club.

A fitting tribute to Dave for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@andybeswick)
Estimable Member

the number of people that turned out this morning, young faces and older, was a great testament to the man dave was. he'll be missed by all.

ReplyQuote
 Jed
(@jed)
Estimable Member

I have to admit to being a bit overwelmed by today's event for Dave. It was such a remarkable display of respect for a really good man. He was fortunate to be blessed with a charming personality combined with a special talent and a passion for cycling which not only gave him tremendous personal pleasure but also brightened the lives of all those he shared his sport with. I know Dave was very proud of his children and speaking to them today made me realise that he hasn't left us completely - I was so impressed by them both and I'm convinced that Dave will live on in Mark and Jackie. A very sad time for both of you I know but be comforted by the thought that your dad will never suffer again and if he could have planned his parting, he couldn't have wished for a better one - riding home with his mates from his favourite cafe 'The Mills', on a Wednesday Wrinkley ride.
Jed

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: