This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Dates of events etc

Notifications
Clear all

Dates of events etc

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tim-watts)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Most of you have now worked out how to use the club calendar but there is a little bit of confusion regarding where the dates appear etc.

Please could anyone entering stuff in the Calendar also include the date and time in the text of the message (as well as filling in the calendar box's for the date and time).

Techie bit for those who feel they can digest it!

1) The Calendar is actually just a special forum - its linked to the forum named "Calendar (NB: Click top menu for dates)"
2) So whatever you enter in this forum, provided you fill in the details in the box at the bottom when you make your post, appears in the Calendar - and vice versa, whatever you enter in the calendar appears in the forum as a new topic.
3) The problem is, that when you look at a calendar event in the forum (for whatever reason you may choose to do this), the calendar date/time do not appear - this is a bit of a pain but remembering to include the date and time in the actual text ensures that this info can be seen at all times.
4) Remember that a calendar entry is also a forum post - and hence can be replied to by everyone - this is great, just tale a look at the photos posted in reply to the Cyclocross event here: http://wvcc.roflforum.net/calendar-nb-click-top-menu-for-dates-f16/weaver-valley-cyclo-cross-t60.htm [/url:n8b868tt]
5) Remember that if you were the person who created an event, you can also go in and edit it at a later date. Remember to edit the date/time in the calendar box's and also in the text.

(@paull)
Eminent Member

A reminder of this weekends events -

Saturday 6th November - Saturday Training Ride 1000hrs, MTB Ride 1000hrs both rides start from Delamere Station, Delamere Forest.

Sunday 7th November - Club Run 1000hrs from Hartford Social Club as usual.

ReplyQuote
(@tim-watts)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

As some of you noticed, the calendar was locked for a little while in Admin Mode while i was performing maintenance on the system - all back to normal now. 😀

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Hi Tim - when I land on the WVCC home page I don't get the links anymore so can't get through to the Bogblog or Cycleblog etc.?

ReplyQuote
(@tim-watts)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for spotting this. At this stage i'm not sure why they vanished but I've implemented a temporary fix so the links should now be back and access should be possible again. I'll look into it properly when i get back home again (away with work for the next two weeks)

ReplyQuote
Share: