This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Christmas Quiz 2010...

Notifications
Clear all

Christmas Quiz 2010 NOW ON

35 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Due to great unrest in the ranks from newer members regarding a christmas function, it has been decided to re-instate a Christmas Quiz night. Graham has secured the use of the room we used for the AGM for Monday 20th.December. I have volunteered to put together a set of questions similar again to what Rob Dacey did. This will take the form of a Cycling section, general Knowledge and if I can manage it a page of pictures that you have to recognize. As before it may be that about 4 people form a team with a cross section of ages as I will try to form a cross section of questions. I was thinking of having about 50 questions (20 cycling / 30 General Knowledge and 10 pictures) taking about 1 hour to conclude. and say half an hour to mark. If we started at 8.00pm sharp we should finsih about 9.30. There will be a prize for the winning team and for the team with the lowest score. Could you let me know if you will attend and please let other members know who you know that don't use the forum. Les Charnley ( Red Coat of W.V.C.C.)

(@woody)
Honorable Member

Nice one Les! Will get a team together.

ReplyQuote
(@nickb)
Estimable Member

It's in the diary Les

ReplyQuote
(@kevin-c)
Trusted Member

So Les, if the Team I am in get all the questions wrong we win a prize? Sounds a bit too easy to me. There must be a catch somewhere.....Count me in!!

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi Kev, last place could well be a booby prize, one that will be remembered far longer than winning the first prize, I am hoping that total Humiliation will be served up to one and all and to avoid the life long stigma of having to lowest score will evoke many hours of swatting up your general knowledge and cycling trivia. Still coming along ? ( You better)

ReplyQuote
(@kevin-c)
Trusted Member

Any chance you can throw a few questions in on the Larkhill Wheelers 1970-1974? I didn't think so...See you on the 20th 😉

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi Kev, you must be having a Lark, never heard of them, but just a minute, there was a television program about one of their club runs, NOw what was it? Oh yes I remember, Larkhill to Candleford, was you on it? They were on Penny farthing, similar to your road bike now. Sorry, I can not show any favouritism. ( I will email you my bank details if you think a large donation may help your cause)

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Quiz team? Easy answer for Wood.

Weaver Valley's Andy Wood has become the first to announce his team line up for the forthcoming WVCC quiz. The 24 year old was jubilant at today's press conference, declaring that he was "delighted" with the selection and that the signings of Kris, Julian and Andrew Risk "would send shivers down the spines of the other teams".

Placing emphasis on a broad range of abilities, Wood commented that he would be responsible for the "cool, young, funky" questions while Andrew Risk had been brought on board for experience. Rumours of Julian Perrett being spotted each lunchtime in the cycling section of Waterstone's are unfounded. Kris Zentek, who appeared alongside Wood, commented "this is a great day in my life, I'm thrilled to be part of such an amazing team". When Wood was asked if he was worried about Les Charnley's tough questions, he simply responded "not at all, we don't believe in the word tough".

The team name is still to be confirmed.

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Good news to all you talented PHD holders ( most of you ) who are members of the Weaver Valley and gearing up for the all Singing all Dancing never to be missed at any cost Quiz, the first team have shown their hand and my oh my nothing to worry about. They think in the youthfull naivety that the question will be easy and they have a broad depth of knowledge but no such thing. So there you have it last price to Team Woody, first 15 prizes still up grabs, Yours Mr.J.Paxman Quiz Master

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Put me and Caroline down and there may be a couple of younger Fearons as well, but as usual can't get any commitment from Connor and Jack's at his girlfriend's. Make sure there are plenty of 80's questions as Claire reckons I never left that decade judging by my bikes and retro clothes! She is only jealous because she can't get into her 80's clothes any more. 😀

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Thanks, Dave! I can still get into my wedding dress comfortably - but then, Les, I am still only 22! 😉 Yes, Claire, Elinor and Robert O'Brien will be there, too! Anyone want to join our team?

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Can Elaine be in your team 🙄

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

yes, please!!!! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Ooh, ooh, me. I'll try and get a dream team together.

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

We'll come. Is there anyone out there who wants to join our team? You'll need complementary skills - no point duplicating. Our knowledge gaps are 1. pop music 2. cycling knowledge 3. sport 4. any other sort of music 5. popular culture 6. any other type of culture 7. science 8. arts 9. general knowledge 10. history 11. geography 12. astrophysics. But I'm good at speling and Kevan has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the waste industry. So you'll be OK with us.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: