This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Cheshire Classic on...

Notifications
Clear all

Cheshire Classic on Sunday

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@woody)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

Well we are finally here. The Cheshire Classic is this Sunday. Racing starts at 10am. We have an incredible field and should have a full field of 80 riders who are traveling from all over the UK, many from Scotland to be with us. The start list can be found athttp://www.cheshireclassic.co.uk/start-list /"> http://www.cheshireclassic.co.uk/start-list/

I'm really proud that the race will be the first in the North West to use accredited marshals and I'm even prouder that half of them will be WVCC members. Thanks to you all for getting involved.

If you are marshaling, please be at the HQ (Grange Sports Pavilion) for 9am on Sunday. HQ is open from 7.30am.

Thanks
Woody

JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Woody [and the rest if the WVCC team]
Sorry I can't be there this weekend [unfortunately my son's rugby tour takes priority]
I hope the weather is fine and the race is fast and furious but passes off without incident.
Good luck all. I look forward to 'reading all about it'

ReplyQuote
(@jamie)
Trusted Member

Same as Jim and good luck with everything aswell. I would be there but ive a show in Nottingham to do

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Good luck Woody with the last minute preparations. Kev and I will be there marshalling, not sure if we'd confirmed yet.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Hi Eleanor, we have more marshals for this race than the Tour of Britain, but please come along I can find You & Kev a spot to stand, Lets hope we get this response for the John Boote / Autumn road Races and Cyclo X

ReplyQuote
(@kevin-c)
Trusted Member

Hi Al. I am now accredited for Marshalling having done the final part of the pathway on Wednesday. There is definitely a need to support the accredited Marshalls as much as possible. People may be aware that there is a race going on, but they will not have seen a Marshall in the middle of the road with a STOP sign too many times.

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

@Kevin C wrote:

Hi Al. I am now accredited for Marshalling having done the final part of the pathway on Wednesday. There is definitely a need to support the accredited Marshalls as much as possible. People may be aware that there is a race going on, but they will not have seen a Marshall in the middle of the road with a STOP sign too many times.

Is that the training!!! Just stand in the middle of the road 😆

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Haha Jules the large 60 mph sign that we use on de restricted roads will stop anyone it's massive 😆 I can only just lift it and if its windy I will go flying off 😮 on a serious note yep we will need all the help we can get. Looking forward to Sunday see you all there 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: