This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Reminder - 1st Club...

Notifications
Clear all

Reminder - 1st Club 10 of 2013

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@nofear)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Don't forget that next Wednesday 1st May is the first club 10 and it's a 2-up time trial or a tandem time trial if you prefer. So you can either choose a partner now and ride with your best mate or your biggest rival depending on what sort of race you want to have! 😈 Alternatively just turn up on the night and we can sort our pairings on the night.

Meet at Shakerley Mere car park (not the end of Well Lane but just over the bridge) at about 18:30 for a 19:00 start at Lach Dennis. Let's get the 10's of to a good start so make the effort and enjoy the ride.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. I'll call you tomorrow Les so we can arrange to try out the tandem. It only occured to me yesterday that it may be a bit on the high side for you so we need to try it out. Ta Dave

les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

Hehe looking forward to this Dave, will try not to let you down I just hope my legs can cope!! Can we have a first aider at the end 😆 speak tomorrow

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Less than 24hrs to go to the first 10 and the weather seems to be improving so it should be good. There have been temporary T-lights on Penny's Lane for the past couple of weeks just past the motorway bridge but they should have been removed yesterday. If they are still there we have an alternative course ready very close to the usual one so no problems.

Les and I gave the old tandem a spin the other night and today I came up with a way of fitting tri-bars to the back using an old pair I had in a bits box. Caroline and I tried it out this evening and the position is really good. I also changed the back brake and added new brake blocks so we can stop now if we have to, but I don't think we will be using them.

Hope we get some more tandems tomorrow but if not we should get some interesting 2-up teams. Just remember that the object of the exercise is to get the best out of each other and not to destroy each other. 😈

Cheers

Dave

ReplyQuote
 les1
(@les1)
Reputable Member

😆 😆 😆 😆 i have just spilt my drink reading that! Tri bars on the back 😮 there is not much room on the back haha looking forward to it Dave. I will bring my pedals. See you at 6pm. Spectators should get there early 😉

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Lights were gone as of last night.

ReplyQuote
Share: