This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Autumn Road Race

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Great job today Club! THANK YOU to ALL marshals ALL drivers and helpers with refeshments. THANKS for making it another safe race some of the comments I got from the riders really pleased me. Even marshals collecting up the signs afterwards is a big help to me and setting Eleanors mind at rest with her busy day. 😀 😀

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Congrats to El on a great race, ran like clockwork, new radios seem to work ok too!

ReplyQuote
(@tonyb)
Eminent Member

Just like to say thanks to Eleanor, marshals and everyone associated with today's race! Eleanor even managed to get the sun out too!

Just to echo Alan silvers comments I heard many positive comments about today's race from riders especially in respect to riders receiving distance rider timings to the breakaway!

After the road race I went to see the time trial at allostock where Weaver valley members put in good performances and as I was talking to Dane and Ewart at the presentation I was certainly humbled by the ride of Carl ruebottom and if I've got it right 79 year old Derek hodgins who did a 53.28

Tony

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

And from me, too...very many sincere thanks to everyone who helped out. To Ann dealing with the complexities of signing on..to Alan and the crew checking the route and getting all the signage out...to Nicky, Elaine, Graham and Jules doing refreshments...to Dave, Tony and Kev representing WVCC so well...to all of you who stood on corners with flags, smiles and vigilance, keeping all our riders safe (and expressing our appreciation to the drivers whom we inconvenienced)...to Tom and his team of officials...to Garry and Woody in the lead cars and Steph our first aider (who was kept busy with cuts, grazes and cramp!)...I am most grateful. You could have all said "stuff it, it's a beautiful day and I want to go out and ride my bike, someone else will marshal the race" but instead you gave up your morning to allow the race to happen. I felt really proud to be part of Weaver Valley....THANK YOU!
P.s. and it was a really fast and competitive race, too...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: