This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Notifications
Clear all

Autumn Road Race

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It's now only a few days away from our Autumn Road Race, which should be just as exciting as in previous years.

The start sheet is attached below for reference, and lists all of the key information. The race starts at 10:00. The HQ is at Wincham Community Centre.

As always, we would ask the club to support the event by volunteering as race marshals. If you 've not done this before, don't worry,just turn up at the Community Centre from around 08:430 onwards, and you'll be given a bib (and a nice red flag if you are lucky!), and some instructions as to the task at hand. This usually involves standing at key points of the course (normally junctions), to direct riders and warn traffic of the race. We can never have too many marshals, so please come out and give us a hand.
If you want further information about marshaling, please contact Alan Silver or Eleanor Underhill (contact details on the contacts page of the web site).
[attachment=0:yot9uu2f]Final Programme 2013.pdf[/attachment:yot9uu2f]

kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Lets retain the title! Smash it WVCC!

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Am i correct in assuming there isnt a club run on Sunday as a result of this race?

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Yep, that's correct. whenever we have a club event such as this, we don't have a club ride.
We do this in the hope that we get as many club members out to help with said event.

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@JimDuffy wrote:

Am i correct in assuming there isnt a club run on Sunday as a result of this race?

you could ride out to the RR, marshal then go for a ride later Jim : 🙄

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

I am sure your right Al, think I am busy selling kit that day and wouldn't like to step on the toes of all the other members eager to contribute to the club!!!

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Not marshalling Jim?! :-s Surely as the majority of the club will be at the race that would be the best place to take orders?

ReplyQuote
 JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

BOOM ! .......

Touché Mr Wood..... 😎

If its a nice afternoon Jim, you can always come to the mills with me... 😉

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

😆

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Seems like a few people want to get out for a ride after the RR.......... don't forget that it's the Johnny Helms Invitation TT on Sunday and Dennis, Ewart, Dane, Caroline and me and previous winner Carl are all taking part. There will a good crowd watching and some stars from the past and present taking part on a 5.2 mile circuit centred around Allostock Village Hall. Looks like it may be the last running of this event so don't miss it. It's probably Ewart's first TT since the early 1970's I recon and back then he was a seriously fast National level time trialist!!

First team is off at 12:03, Dennis is off at 12:06, Caroline and me at 13:12 and Ewart and Dane at 13:33 and Carl at 13:50. It's 20.8 mile TT completing 4 laps around Allostock and Goostrey.

ReplyQuote
(@shelagh)
Eminent Member

We're marshalling at the RR and then going on to watch the Johnny Helms TT so will be cheering on Weaver am and pm. Looking forward to a fab day 🙂

ReplyQuote
 kris
(@kris)
Honorable Member

Sounds like a plan! If it's fine weather, I'm gonna bring the camera and get action shots of both races

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@kris wrote:

Sounds like a plan! If it's fine weather, I'm gonna bring the camera and get action shots of both races

Good man. I'm not around this weekend, so if you grab some decent images, send 'em to Eleanor on Sunday afternoon/evening, so that she can get them to the press!

ReplyQuote
(@eleanor)
Estimable Member

Thanks Kris, yes photos would be great. It will be good to have last years winner there, even if youre not ale to ride. I bet you'll enjoy watching the scene of your first ever race win, a year on! Looks like its going to be a good race...and thanks to all of you who're coming out to marshal, you're all much appreciated believe me. We always get loads of compliments at this race about all our marshals and organising crew. See you all Sunday morning, HQ opens at 8.30 and marshals need to sign on by 9.30.

ReplyQuote
(@rich-m)
Eminent Member

Hi Eleanor, I'm away this weekend so I can't come tomorrow. I hope it goes well

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: