This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

Hill Climb 22nd Sep...

Notifications
Clear all

Hill Climb 22nd Sept

21 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

As this is my first time of organising the event I would appreciate the peace of mind of knowing bases are covered before Saturday Night 😀 I am looking for volunteers for the following

Signing on and numbers x2

Pushing off with Steve T

Marshalling with Alan S - Dennis Hornby plus 5or 6 more

Assisting the finishing timekeeper 2 with phones so I can call up for results

Serving Refreshments 3 or 4 - butties, tea, coffee provided - a few donated cakes would be useful

Results Ady J

Please email me or reply on here where you are prepared to help.

Thanks in anticipation

Derek

JimW
(@jimw)
Member Admin

Derek, I will assist dispensing teas when I have finished dispensing riders at the start.

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Hi Derek
I can help with Tea/Coffee service, or anything else needed at HQ as both Dave and the boys are riding so I would like to be available just in case anything goes wrong!. Are you sorted for refreshments, is it just cakes you need as I will fetch some with me.

Cheers
Caroline

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Caroline you're hired

ReplyQuote
(@ady)
Member Admin

Our new Hill Climb organiser really did a excellent job today WELL DONE mate 😀
Thanks to ALL who helped out Jimmy,Syd,Steve,Ady,Paul,Dennis,Woody,Phil,Dave,Ian,Carole & Caroline you've started the attendance records off nicely with 4 points each great day great weather 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@derek-h)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Cheers Al

But as the email I received from John Potts says it was a fantastic team effort so from me to all those who helped make it happen

FromPOTTS JOHN

To Derek Heine

Very well done today Derek and your team, excellent event.

ReplyQuote
(@simon-h)
Eminent Member

@Derek .H wrote:

Cheers Al

But as the email I received from John Potts says it was a fantastic team effort so from me to all those who helped make it happen

FromPOTTS JOHN

To Derek Heine

Very well done today Derek and your team, excellent event.

Second that - fantastic event, well done to Derek and all the team 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@carol-r)
Estimable Member

Third that!!!!

Thanks for all the shouts of encouragement too they are always very much appreciated 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

Forth that, great effort from. All involved 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Well done to Derek on his first HC. Top day, ran seamlessly and everyone I spoke to had a great day. Be proud mate. Send over the final results to me and I'll post them up!

I think we should have a shout to our WVCC riders, I stood at the top and watched 150 riders pass by me, when you saw the yellow and blue approaching you knew it was WVCC. The standard of riding of our riders was excellent. Great positions on the bike, looked smooth in the saddle & everyone finished on empty in particular Andy Newby who went deep today.

ReplyQuote
(@jimduffy)
Honorable Member

@woody wrote:

Well done to Derek on his first HC. Top day, ran seamlessly and everyone I spoke to had a great day. Be proud mate. Send over the final results to me and I'll post them up!

I think we should have a shout to our WVCC riders, I stood at the top and watched 150 riders pass by me, when you saw the yellow and blue approaching you knew it was WVCC. The standard of riding of our riders was excellent. Great positions on the bike, looked smooth in the saddle & everyone finished on empty in particular Andy Newby who went deep today.

Top ride from Andy today 😀

ReplyQuote
(@nofear)
Reputable Member

Well done Derek and everybody else who enabled the riders to have an enjoyable day out, if enjoyable is the right word! 😉

ReplyQuote
(@woody)
Honorable Member

Just seen Andy's time. What a ride!

ReplyQuote
(@simon-h)
Eminent Member

Was there a guy taking pics at the top? Be fun to see them if anyone has a link 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@paul-h)
Eminent Member

Ian was with me at the finish taking photos next to the time keepers. He said that he would speak to Ady about where to publish them. There was also another person taking photos on the opposite side of the road. Not sure who that was though.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: