This is a temporary message, and will be removed at some point in the near future.
For those that haven’t, just go to https://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/forum/ and select ‘Login’. Once you’ve done this, just select ‘I forgot my password’, then enter your username (the same as this forum) and your email address. You’ll get a new password via email, and you can then login and change it using the ‘User Control Panel’ (link at the top left hand corner of the forum under ‘Board Index’). Then click the ‘Profile’ tab, then select ‘Edit Account Settings’. You’ll be able to enter a new password, confirm it, then click Submit. All done.
Any problems, email me at email@example.com.
Good news is that all avatars have transferred now, as have all emails. There was a sticking point where I could not trawl through this site automatically to get emails and avatars transferred. This has now been sorted.
Signatures are another issue. Unfortunately, you’ll probably find that they have not transferred. So, when you first log in, you can change your password and add signature if you wish, in the ‘User control panel’ – selectable at the top left hand of the forum – under ‘Board index’.
Well, there are a few.
The general aim has been to make the board easier to navigate by simplifying the amount of forums on the board. Many weren’t used. Many were used for purposes that they weren’t designed for.
1. No calendar. This is now hosted on the main site. This is a better way of displaying calendar events and as we use it more, the versatility of the system will be evident.
2. Archived forums. At the bottom of the forum are not-often-used results sections. I’ll be putting more work into the results section of the main site to post results as they come in.
3. Club stuff is now all together at the top.
4. Club runs is also up a bit. Hopefully, general chat that has previously sat in the Calendar section, will now move here. Same for off-road runs.
5. Events. Have separated Training and Social. Now there’s an area for all things training, and a ‘non-competitive’ Social section. no results sections – as mentioned above.
As it kicks in, please, please make sure you give me some feedback about things that you don’t like. This isn’t my forum, it’s YOURS! If it ain’t working, it can be fixed, but only by making sure that the needs of the club are met. I can design web sites, but haven’t got reading minds down to a fine art yet (that’s for version 2.0).
Any problems – and given the last couple of days scratching my head and cursing the current forum’s host – I’ll be very surprised if there aren’t – email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll sort things out in fairly short order.