This is the access page for an archive of forum entries. The forum iteslf is no longer available for new content. New social based chat is available on the club Facebook group.

The FORUM Cup ( Pro...

Notifications
Clear all

The FORUM Cup ( Provisional points)

13 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

After Tim Watts Published his much acclaimed and best selling Weaver Valley publication " The Complete iDIOT'S Guide to WVCC Website and Forum" I for one have become an armchair, finger stabbing keyboard Elite cyclist. With this in mind I would like to suggest that a new Trophy be awarded called " THE FORUM CUP". This would be awared to the member who actually has a proper name on the Forum ( Not some Micky Mouse name so that no one else knows who the hell it is) also a proper Photo and not some silly cartoon face. Points could be awarded for such compliance and also for how many Topics are posted onto the Forum by each member. AT present under such a system I have sprinted into Second place behind Nick but I could be awarded more points for my topics because they are much longer than Nicks silly one liners. So can I have some feed back on this please, but as I suggested it any replys on this subject will not carry any points for members towards such a prestigous Trophy.

(@tthew)
Estimable Member

OK then Mr Arbiter, can I play then? My profile name is at least most of first name, there's a picture of me on my bike (racing in colours, not just crashing into a puddle!). I even worked out Emoticons (see) and that signature down there / That's got to be worth a bonus.

Edit - actually, my signature doesn't work and I don't know why. Blast, points away.

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

Just trying it again, and this time with bold and a picture!

But where is my signiture?

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Just as i thought would happen, Photos being up loaded showing SOMEONE on a bike "Could be anyone" In my points system, photos, dare I say it, should be like mine! Full faced looking regal, instant recognition. It could be said I am wanting this all my own way, just to be the first winner, but NO . While the system of points are being established I am at present going out to tender for the New trophy, leave it to me. But we still need more input. OH thanks for the reply who ever is on that mountain bike. Les

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

When ever someone manages to take a picture of me riding my bike face on, regal never describe the look on my face Les. 😀

ReplyQuote
(@tim-watts)
Eminent Member

@tthew wrote:

But where is my signiture?

Try it now 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@tthew)
Estimable Member

OK Trying it now.

edit - Wicked, it works. Now all that remains is to think of a better signature. 🙄

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

Does it matter what photo someone uses or what there name is on the forum. The fact is that members are being active within the club. You get to know people by meeting them on the runs and having a good old chat as you pedal through the lanes of Cheshire and beyond.

I've only been a member for 6 months and have got to know loads of people on the runs not on the forum. The forum is a platform to share information and have a bit of fun when not riding.

ReplyQuote
(@craig)
Estimable Member

I agree with Les on the name thing, so I have come out from hiding behind a pseudonym and I am now using my real name.

The photo just reminds me of better days, when climbing long hills was far less painful and the miles seemed to go by far easier.

See you all on a club run soon 😀

ReplyQuote
(@jules)
Honorable Member

name is on the forum!!

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

Hi Les,

You must give me lots of points! I have my real name, and a picture that can only be me on my Hinde bike. Do I look regal? Hmmm I'm talking as usual!

Claire 😀 ( and I do emoticons, lol!)

ReplyQuote
(@les-charnley)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

HI Claire and every one, well the Forum Cup, the first point I was making several months ago was that a proper photo, proper name and FULLY correct details have to be displayed on your member's profile, to even start to qualify for points. It appears that most of you do not qualify in this respect and are therefore disqualified. Being a gentleman of very fine breeding and possessing such high levels of sensitivity, tack and discretion when dealing with my fellow human beings, never trying to humiliate, undermine, criticize or go out of my way to ridicule them or point a finger of doubt, I would only say take a look at Clair's stated age of 22, I rest my case.
Like MP's expenses, all I hear is, " Oh its an over-site, an accounting error, well frankly it will not wash. PS Claire can come second provided I win.

ReplyQuote
(@claire-o)
Reputable Member

heeheee 😆

ReplyQuote
Share: